What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Because you all love it so much...   ;D

Played a "Deluxe" ASL scenario today- the first time that either me or my opponent had played one.  This is France in '44 with lots of bocage.  The scenario itself was a bit of a dog-ROAR has it rated as severely unbalanced in favor of the Germans and that's how this one went down.  Very interesting though and enjoyable...there's no "stacking" in DASL, every squad/HS/crew/leader has a position within the hex and can be affected differently depending upon the situation.  I've got another DASL game scheduled for next weekend; this time we're moving to Stalingrad where I think DASL will play much better.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on January 02, 2017, 12:11:21 AM
...there's no "stacking" in DASL, every squad/HS/crew/leader has a position within the hex and can be affected differently depending upon the situation. 

Huh. Always liked the idea of the DASL maps but didn't know there were different rules for them as well.

GJK

Quote from: Barthheart on January 02, 2017, 07:02:59 AM
Quote from: GJK on January 02, 2017, 12:11:21 AM
...there's no "stacking" in DASL, every squad/HS/crew/leader has a position within the hex and can be affected differently depending upon the situation. 

Huh. Always liked the idea of the DASL maps but didn't know there were different rules for them as well.

It's in Chapter J and it's very brief.  No rules have changed for them just that you don't stack in a hex.  Residual FP affects just the hexside that the fire went through when firing at a unit moving in bypass and the there's a very slight difference that pertains to moving into close-combat vs entering hand-to-hand fighting.  Very, very minor modifications overall.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

Ah , got it. Thanks for the explanation.

ArizonaTank

On the virtual table:

GMT's Great Battles of the Civil War:  Three Days of Gettysburg

The Herr's Ridge Scenario.  It's 10am, and Heth's Division is just coming to bear against Buford's blue jacketed cavalry.  Archer's Brigade has taken a beating...but starting to weaken the Union

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GJK

Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 10, 2017, 10:20:36 PM
On the virtual table:

GMT's Great Battles of the Civil War:  Three Days of Gettysburg

I just wish that the designer wasn't such an ass - the game looks very enticing but I refuse to support him by purchasing any of his games.  Please don't escalate my comments; I think it's a beautiful game.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

HoodedHorseJoe

Meanwhile, on my office desk...

My wallet wishes these were freebies, but sadly not. Haven't played Armada in a while so this spend should encourage me to get back in to it.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

HoodedHorseJoe

This just turned up in the mail as well.

Suffice to say I think I have a spending problem.

Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

bayonetbrant

We're going to have that one at Origins with us, in the Central Command, with Griggling joining us this year :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: WargamerJoe on January 11, 2017, 08:21:27 AM

Welcome to the club!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 09:16:54 AM

Welcome to the club!

This problem should be making an appearance at my door on Friday.  Damn you Amazon prime!  I used to have 5-7 days to come up with a cover story!

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 11, 2017, 09:44:55 AM

Welcome to the club!

This problem should be making an appearance at my door on Friday.  Damn you Amazon prime!  I used to have 5-7 days to come up with a cover story!

I have two games on the way.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 09:53:04 AM

Welcome to the club!

I hope one of them cost you $5.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 11, 2017, 09:58:24 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 09:53:04 AM

Welcome to the club!

I hope one of them cost you $5.

Heh. I'll be making that purchase soon.

bayonetbrant

y'all feel free to send a few of those purchases my way, too :-"

After rearranging / reshelving the Game Den, I've got space to add a few more :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers