What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Quote from: Barthheart on October 05, 2017, 10:43:46 AM
Married here as well... and my wife controls the main CC.... notice I said main....  :coolsmiley:

your secrets!!...NOW!!!  :P

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on October 03, 2017, 07:07:35 AM
Very cool. The only one I ever had, and played, from the series was BAOR.

Having the whole series setup at once would be very cool.

PICS!  :knuppel2:

Here we go then:

Here's the grand plan for the Central Front series:

What they were able to produce were the maps #2 (North German Plain), #4 (BAOR), #6 (Fifth Corps), #8 (Hof Gap), and #10 (Donau Front). As seen here :smitten:

(Sorry about the picture quality, my camera battery was empty, and cell phone zoom does not really work here)

Now, all I need to do is to print out and prepare all the newly designed counters for the series, get a table suited for this, and, well, retire.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on October 08, 2017, 02:51:28 AM

What they were able to produce were the maps #2 (North German Plain), #4 (BAOR), #6 (Fifth Corps), #8 (Hof Gap), and #10 (Donau Front). As seen here :smitten:

Now, all I need to do is to print out and prepare all the newly designed counters for the series, get a table suited for this, and, well, retire.

I just realised there's a Vassal module with the full setup for the five game series, too. Stretched to cover my two 23" HD monitors, the lowest zoom-out level is able to portray the whole saga.

If there's ever an excuse for getting a three-display system, this is it  O:-)

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on October 08, 2017, 03:11:23 AM

If there's ever an excuse for getting a three-display system, this is it  O:-)

Or rather, a 2x3 display system? Maybe a 4K projector, and a large wall to display to, optimally? I so need to win big in state lottery before retiring.

BanzaiCat

I have the OGRE Reinforcements pack but haven't opened it yet. I figure everything will fit into the main box (hopefully, anyway).

Nefaro

Holy Testicle Tuesdays, Crossroads!

Could you ever finish such a thing?  I don't think hoping for retirement age would actually turn out as well, in getting it done, as you think!  :wow:

Crossroads

Quote from: Nefaro on October 08, 2017, 10:20:45 AM
Holy Testicle Tuesdays, Crossroads!

Could you ever finish such a thing?  I don't think hoping for retirement age would actually turn out as well, in getting it done, as you think!  :wow:

So cool! One can always dream  :dreamer:

BanzaiCat

I got a wild hair so I grabbed my copy of NATO: The Next War in Europe out of storage. I figured I was missing many pieces - it has 390 counters - but I counted 389 counters. What are the chances the one missing piece is the major components of the 1st US Armored Division? (I'm being hypothetical, I haven't gotten that anal to check that deeply. Yet.)

Cyrano

Dudes, brothers, comrades, that kind of bonkers sh*t is why lawdy invented COMPUTERS.

Anyone up for Normandy "Feet Wet", just shout.  Two hundred and fifty turns, thousands of counters, and the computer keeps track of it all.  I'm yer huckleberry...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Cyrano on October 13, 2017, 10:43:39 PM
Anyone up for Normandy "Feet Wet", just shout.  Two hundred and fifty turns, thousands of counters, and the computer keeps track of it all.  I'm yer huckleberry...

What is this you speak of, Cyrano?

Cyrano

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/PanzerCampaigns/Normandy44.html

It's one of the monster scenarios in the above.  Each of the PzC games has a monster; that in Stalingrad is truly mad.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Crossroads

Quote from: Cyrano on October 14, 2017, 11:43:45 AM
http://www.johntillersoftware.com/PanzerCampaigns/Normandy44.html

It's one of the monster scenarios in the above.  Each of the PzC games has a monster; that in Stalingrad is truly mad.

I get my kicks playing one of the Corps sized engagement on (tactical, platoons mostly) Campaign Series as a 3x3 team game, one division per player.

Quite a few platoons to start with, but usually I am soon crying out for more  :nerd:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat