Panzer Campaigns Japan '45

Started by Grim.Reaper, April 03, 2019, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

interesting...new tiller game coming on some unique content.......maybe a purchase some day for me:)

https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2019/04/03/teaser/

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

DoctorQuest

And OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Civil comments. Speaks well of the JTS fanbase.  :bd:
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

besilarius

Al Nofi, a founder of SPI, told a story about this.
After Tunisia, there were a lot of german POWs picking peas in the US.  After a year or more of farming, many were ready for a change.  Some of the POW leadership offered to form a panzer division to fight the Japanese.
The thought of veteran panzer troops forming a division for the invasion of Japan was very appealing.  Dubbed "Panzer Korps Kwanto".  Some officers in the Pentagon started to lay out plans for creating the force.
Then it was mentioned to Chief of Staff George Marshall.
"Hessians," he replied.  "You want mercenaries in the American army?"

The plan was dropped in no time. 
Wonder what he would have thought of Black Water and those groups that fight as contractors?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Don't forget that the 1st American Volunteer Group were technically private hires of the Chinese Central Aircraft Manufacturing Company.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

nelmsm

One of the playtesters for this one. Very challenging to get off the beaches for the Americans  I've had blast with this one.

Dammit Carl!

Oh snap.  This looks sooooo good.

Chalk me up as a buyer for dang sure.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

rocketman

Quote from: nelmsm on April 03, 2019, 08:22:17 PM
One of the playtesters for this one. Very challenging to get off the beaches for the Americans  I've had blast with this one.
Music to my ears  :D

Steelgrave

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing this baby move forward   :bd:

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Finally!

Now if we could only get a Panzer Battles Okinawa or Iwo
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

rahamy

Quote from: Hot lead and dirty talk! on April 05, 2019, 05:43:46 PM
Now if we could only get a Panzer Battles Okinawa or Iwo

Those will eventually see daylight...as the Demo shows, moving to the Pacific is certainly part of the plan for the PzB engine.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/