Main Menu

Dune 2020

Started by SirAndrewD, February 22, 2019, 12:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

So, I know there was an old topic made by our dearly missed and departed Mirth.

But I haven't seen a new one on Villenueve's 2020 release of Dune Part 1.

The casting has become a meme.  A who's who of Hollywood, even in minor roles.  Heavy poaching from the Marvel and Star Wars cast list.  Tons of Oscar wins and nominations to the cast. 

Dune is one of the most important Sci-Fi novels of all time and a pretty seminal work.  It is my favorite book.  The Lynch and SyFy versions were fairly weak, though SyFy's Children of Dune miniseries was extremely accurate and good. 

So with this cast, one of the most impressive I've seen in a long time, can Dune finally succeed? 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Huw the Poo

The most important element, and the only reason I really think it can succeed (after all, there was nothing wrong with the cast Lynch put together) - Denis Villeneuve at the helm.  So far the man can do no wrong, and Dune is reportedly his lifelong ambition.  If anyone can do it, he can!  I'm excited!

Tpek

If it's going to be good, then I'll really be damn happy.
Dune is one of my top most favorite books of all time.