Golden Gaming Memories...

Started by Jarhead0331, July 13, 2019, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Hmm...I have never even heard of Darklands.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Yeah Darklands was awesome. I actually think I bought it on GOG but it hasn't aged well.
Insert witty comment here.

Ian C

PS1.

Medal of Honour, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve 2, Tenchu 2, Metalgear Solid

Steelgrave

Quote from: jamus34 on July 17, 2019, 12:12:47 PM
Yeah Darklands was awesome. I actually think I bought it on GOG but it hasn't aged well.

Yeah, I played a lot of Darklands back in the day. And I also bought it on GOG myself a few years ago and it just wasn't the same. Something else to file in "great memories, but.....". 

Sir Slash

Same for me with the Gold Box series I picked up on GOG some time ago. Just too retro.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bardolph

I spent a lot of time on Malden and Everon back in the day. Still go back once in awhile.

And for theme music:

IICptMillerII

I'll throw a little more nostalgia into the ring with Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator WWII Europe:

Really fun old game. I think it was my very first proper WWII flight sim. I remember there was one mission I played over and over again. It was basically just a huge furball. You take off from an airfield in a P-51, climb to 20k feet or so and duke it out with a large number of Bf-109s. I also remember playing the train scenario from the video above a number of times, rocketing and bombing the train to varying degrees of success.

CJReich46

Quote from: jamus34 on July 17, 2019, 12:12:47 PM

I'm one of those who can handle the aged graphics bit. I think its because I never really got to play those games.

But I'm in agreement, Darklands needs a serious remake.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

You guys are taking me back there. Way back there!  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

2nd wargame I ever bought and even got my old man to play :)

FlickJax

Sorry getting into this now..... really loved playing this with my buddy on the Amiga 500

jamus34

I also wish someone would remake / reimagine Roadwar 2000.

I loved that game, well ahead of its time and it spanned a large number of genres.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Oh man...Desert Rats and Roadwar 2000. I can smell the game shop.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Me too. Remember all the Hot Chicks waiting outside of the Game Shops to pick-up their dream gamer? The way they threw themselves at us was embarrassing. And then the choice was, 'Do I go home with her... or the game'? I usually choose whichever one had the hottest box-art.  :bd:

Gusington

I was around 13 in the peak game shop era (1987). I had 3 more years until girls even noticed me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd