Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

There really isn't much to say about this. I'll take Wags at his word since everything ED has done in the past has always been above board. I don't see any reason for them to risk their entire business and possible future licensing deals over something like this. Just seems like a foolish employee who perhaps tried to use his position to make some money for personal gain.

Its important to note that he isn't being charged with espionage or theft of classified information, etc. Its just a violation of ITAR from removing the manuals which contained ITAR restricted information.

I do not think this is going to impact progress of the module, which is really the only thing I would care about. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Imagine if he purchased the manual while on a holiday in the states. Then went home without ever knowing it was restricted from export. I actually wonder whether the manuals are available as pdf on the web anyways? I am just trying to illustrate that in a global community. This strikes me as a strange thing to limit when the horse has already bolted I would venture to assume.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

I presume these manuals are something more than pdf files publicly available on the internet, such as the NATOPS manuals, etc. I also doubt that it was completely innocent since ED and it's emoloyees deal with ITAR regularly and are therefore most likely  very familiar with its requirements.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

F-16C pre-orders open on 5/22 for expected early access release in autumn of 2019! Man, they really don't want people thinking the legal issue with Oleg will delay the project. lol

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dcs-world-by-eagle-dynamics/fw-190-a-8-and-f-16c-pre-orders/10161908205620341/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

I'm inclined to go with JH on this one.  Flight simmers tend to be a very anal crowd.  If data was exhibited in a DCS module that wasn't publicly available, no doubt some douche would point it out, even though he was slitting his own flight simming throat.  For whatever reason, that's  how flight simmers roll.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

Quote from: Toonces on May 18, 2019, 12:32:05 AM
I'm inclined to go with JH on this one.  Flight simmers tend to be a very anal crowd.  If data was exhibited in a DCS module that wasn't publicly available, no doubt some douche would point it out, even though he was slitting his own flight simming throat.  For whatever reason, that's  how flight simmers roll.

Hah! I've long been looking for an apt explanation, but yours is right on centreline! 👊
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Dynamic carrier comms demonstration...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Yes you are most "likely" right. He probabaly would have known even if he prichased at the local level. The seller obviously knew as well. But I still think that if thry do not want this sort of thing goong over seas it should be classified and not released in america either. Because its a given this stuff is out there as soon as it hits the piblic spaces in america.There are just too many eyes from other countries going back and forth or simply loving in america. The countries that really wabt these manuals have already got them I would say. Simply by virtue of the fact they are pulbic in thr united states.

As for the F16. I wonder what effect this eill have now the spotlight is on ED. But then its gotta be just as good as the falcon 4 modelling.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Pre orders now available for F-16c...

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 24, 2019, 05:49:53 PM

I'm going to wait a few months on this one and see how it develops. A lot of the features that are planned seem to be fluctuating right now. I'm also concerned that they won't meet the early autumn EA release. Fingers crossed though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 24, 2019, 06:10:16 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 24, 2019, 05:49:53 PM

I'm going to wait a few months on this one and see how it develops. A lot of the features that are planned seem to be fluctuating right now. I'm also concerned that they won't meet the early autumn EA release. Fingers crossed though.

Me too...I bought the last two early, but waiting on this one...

Toonces

The F-16 is for pilots that couldn't qual on the carrier.

F-14 > F-18 >>> F-16

8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

lol'd hard at that!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

The Fighter Pilot Podcast show about the Tomcat had an apt remark about the Viper; its the Tomcat in halves in just about everything: half the crew, half the engines, half the tails, half the size.
But its just as quick and nimble. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

...half the balls...