DVG - Israeli Air Force Leader - KS!

Started by DanVerssen, November 27, 2016, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

Work continues on the 1981 Operation Babylon Nuclear Reactor campaign! I should be able to post a preview of the campaign sheet and target card tomorrow. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dvgames/israeli-air-force-leader

MikeGER

Quote from: DanVerssen on November 27, 2016, 09:05:23 PM
Work continues on the 1981 Operation Babylon Nuclear Reactor campaign! I should be able to post a preview of the campaign sheet and target card tomorrow. :)

:bd:

Dan ... i am a little bit worried,  4 days left and still $5000 missing
That translate into about 72 supporter who just take standard IAFL without any of the offered benefits and good deals on missed games in the DVG collection.

I recon everyone (in our bubble of Grogheads, BGG, and DVG webpage and facebook lurkers) who know about the projects and are willing and able to back it has already done it whatever oustanding thing will be added to the box in the last minute... and even the cutest smile into the camera of that stunning model in the joyful DVG promotion vids cant win a new one over (which is a pitty ;))

I am wondering how is the reception in Israel, and especially the Israel solitaire board wargaming community?
There should be at least 100 people (history buffs, veterans, active IDF, you name it...) who would be interested in that very topic for $70 ....shouldn't it?

(maybe add a "Israel-friendly" like that EU-friendly save on taxes and use that as promotion to Israelis?)

Maybe even as a additional "history education tool" for their younglings or in history classes or as a orientation start lesson in strategy 'n tactics with a theme from very own history.

(as a German i have the luck -or historical burden sometimes- to be able to chose from a rich overladen 'wargaming buffet' of almost every German conflict/battle, big or small, tactical or strategic, from Battle of the Teutoburg Forest 9CE to latest Bundeswehr patrols skirmishes in Stan.... and with the most "cool" SdKfz and tank variation to pick from in WW2 time period;) isnt it?)

Maybe the Israelis are just not aware of IAFL and its a language problem?

Does anybody here has some connections to Hebrew wargaming clubs, veteran clubs, or maybe even the IDF itself .... to spread the word.

מזל־טוב Masel tov  IAFL O0

Nefaro

Maybe running a Kickstarter during the holiday shopping season isn't the best time.

I'd like to get IAF Leader eventually, but I don't see such a sizable game purchase anywhere in my budget for the near future.  Especially a KS.  :buck2:

JudgeDredd

I might sound like a broken record...sorry if I do...but I don't take part in KS because they are stateside and postage costs are downright crippling...like half the game price again.

It's a shame - because there's been plenty of KS games I'd liked to have backed and IAF is most definitely one of them.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 28, 2016, 05:12:28 PM
I might sound like a broken record...sorry if I do...but I don't take part in KS because they are stateside and postage costs are downright crippling...like half the game price again.

It's a shame - because there's been plenty of KS games I'd liked to have backed and IAF is most definitely one of them.

Hell... shipping costs, here, is pretty high these days.  Unless you get it shipped from a big retailer.   :-\

JudgeDredd

Looking last night, the shipping costs for this aren't too bad...$25. Still, it's a 3rd of the price of the game. One good thing they said was not increasing shipping costs if you bought more than one game!!

But that means I need to lay out more money. It's just simply not worth it. Postage in the UK for a boxed game would be around £10

I should also point out that due to Brexit, the pound is worth **** all now. Currently standing at $1.24  :knuppel2: So $100 for a game is going to skin me £81
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Makes me wonder actually...how can DVG pay $25 (£20) for shipping on a box as big and heavy as this game and yet Matrix/Slitherine want $37 (£30) for a manual (albeit a nice manual)??  :pullhair:
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

3 days left $18800 reached

i hope the breaking point is reached where those bigger boardgame retailers may consider to just add a little surplus order on the last day to their already ordered stockpile of copies for their warehouse to sell in 2017 to get IAFL finally funded.

(consider the disappointment of all those customers who preordered over a retailer and then get an email: "Sorry project didn't made it, but of course we store your preorder for the next try in 2018",
so there is a threshold when it make sense from business point of view to take the risk and just order a few more copies 'for the shelf' and so you can cash in now on the preorders you already have.
then it takes only one good Let's Play vid over at YT and all the post-release orders dropping in from those on the fence )   

bayonetbrant

I know that Schlomz used to hang at the WGer forums, and there was Golani at ACG, but I don't know that either ever came over here  (were they the same guy?)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on November 28, 2016, 06:11:50 PM
Hell... shipping costs, here, is pretty high these days.  Unless you get it shipped from a big retailer.   :-\

QFT. Shipping costs are damn high these days.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DanVerssen

We are in our final 48 hours!

Israeli Air Force Leader Kickstarter is almost done, in case you haven't seen it in a while, here are some of the major updates.

For the first time, a 9th Campaign is being added into a Leader Title. 1981 Operation Babylon, where Israel goes on the offense attempting to Destroy Iraq's strengthened Nuclear Power Plant.

Also a first, at the beginning of every Campaign, you can purchase Skills for Pilots that give them unique abilities giving you more decisions per Mission.

Both of the above come in every Core Game.

We also have Minis available for all of your planes. (Hostile Bandit/Site Minis are in the works now.)

Almost every DVG product is available for Add-ons.

MikeGER

Praise the Lord! ,its founded  :bd:

...another nice thingy to look for when i stroll over the Spiel 2017 in Essen
(its promised for March ...but i guess it will be actual in our hands on the 50th anniversary of the Six-Day War ^-^  ...or when push comes to shove on Yom Kippur :o   so it should be offered on that games fair in mid Oct) 

DennisS

OK..when is the release date.

Also..what improvements on TAL are expected with this new title?

MikeGER

Quote from: DennisS on December 22, 2016, 08:57:57 AM
OK..when is the release date.

Also..what improvements on TAL are expected with this new title?

it is not the same game play style/type as TAL ! there is no terrain lay out with tiles 
Israeli Air Force Leader is more a very close derivation/variation of the Hornet Leader – Carrier Air Operations  and Phantom Leader approach.

release?
well, its promised for March over at KS ...but i guess it will be actual in your hands on the 50th anniversary of the Six-Day War ^-^  ...or when push comes to shove on Yom Kippur :o