Main Menu

Come and Go FRIDAY

Started by Tuna, November 10, 2017, 06:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joram

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 10, 2017, 08:34:49 AM
Quote from: joram on November 10, 2017, 08:27:31 AM
a complex carrier game on the iPad

I know what those words mean individually, but I can't understand them in that configuration.  ???

LOL, sorry.  I do most of my posting from mobile these days which is not conducive to spelling and punctuation!

JudgeDredd

World in Flames - I am going to learn you, you big behemoth.
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 10, 2017, 09:26:51 AM

Sounds like a Scottish school teacher about to beat a student about the head, that  :notworthy:

;)

Quote from: joram on November 10, 2017, 09:21:48 AM
Yes that's the one.  Didn't have it in front of me but it looks to be a pretty detailed board game in the iPad.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. The tutorials are enormously long and somewhat confusing, and the game isn't very intuitive, so you have to go through the tutorials to learn it.

It could be I just haven't given it the attention it needs; those are just initial impressions.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MengJiao

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 10, 2017, 08:39:48 AM
^ There's a game called Carrier Battles on iOS, and it's quite complicated. I've owned it a while but haven't had time to dive deep into it. Perhaps that is the one?

Looks pretty good.  Meanwhile, it looks like I'm going to be playing a fair amount of Rome II.

Nefaro

Witcher 3 and/or DCS.

More FOG2 if on the laptop.

Sir Slash

Birth of America: Montcalm's Campaign-- waiting on the winter to pass so we can march on Albany from Ft. William Henry. One thing I didn't see coming in this game was the first turn there's snow on the ground, all the Indians go home. Automatically. Without asking. They just leave.  :o   That's a WTF moment the first time it hits you. Maybe some Neverwinter Nights 2 to get the monster-killing out of my system.

Happy Veterans Day to the Vets everywhere. Thank you for all your sacrifices.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

That Carrier Battles game looks like that iOS version of Carrier I've heard was in development.  Looks fantastic...someone finally built my idea into a game!

So far this weekend, it's been all Cold Waters and Chess.  Don't know what else, yet.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Dammit, all this Carrier talk means I'm going to finally have to dive into this and figure it out.

-budd-

PBEM turns for FOG2, CM, Pike and Shot, Sengoku Jidai, JTCS west front and just started a Hell pbem. Might play some Monstrum to see if i can get off the ship, lights down, headphones on. Have a couple games i'm about halfway or more through, Hard West, Dead Space2, so might keep working toward a finish.....wouldn't that be something, finishing a game :coolsmiley:

Hopefully catching up with R6V2 crew to kill some terrorists.

I'm off today so will be playing some games with my daughter, teaching her Backgammon and Cribbage today.

Last thing...Thank you to all the veterans out there for your service.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

CJReich46

Well I have to work tomorrow  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: (and I'm the only Veteran who works there!) But ehh, I get free food. So aside from that.

I will probably be playing either

Birth of Empires on my tablet or PC- it's interesting but there's some parts that are just so, I can't figure the word for it but they don't make everything easy to grok. (As to how things work, what increases labor etc.) However I like how they did the races from BOTF and just changed them slightly, with their Trek type characteristics.

Stellaris- I got an idea brewing for a game.

Or MOO2 - been playing quite a bit of that.

Distant Worlds- maybe??

I don't really know but we'll see.   

Happy Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day to our Canadian and British Vets.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Toonces

Why in the world (in flames) would you invest the time to learn an incomplete game? 

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

ssshhh, don't tell a Scotsman he can't do something...

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 10, 2017, 01:06:50 PM

So far this weekend, it's been all Cold Waters and ..

I keep planning on starting a new CW campaign, but the developers keep adding new stuff.  Got in the habit of waiting on new shinies, I suppose.

A good problem to have, getting extra goodies.  Not complaining at all.   8)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on November 10, 2017, 02:06:37 PM

Why in the world (in flames) would you invest the time to learn an incomplete game?
I wasn't really. I dipped my toe in and fooled around a bit. I really like the map style and counters though  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath