Started by Cyrano, February 13, 2018, 11:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Touching write-up for a guy who well deserved it. We often never realize the giants among us until they're gone.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

thx guys - he's a tough man to encapsulate, and I didn't just want a traditional obituary
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Vintage Dude

That was a wonderful tribute to a great person. That's the first time that I ever read anything on the front page.
RIP

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

joram

Very sad news indeed.  RIP Dr and Mrs Cobb.

southern_cross_116

Thanks for posting that Brant, I thought I knew Jim from Armchair General.  I was really looking forward to his write up on some projects going - mainly because his feedback was concise but also detailed.

I know a lot of guys who knew Jim in real life, although unfortunately I never had that opportunity. 

It is a big loss for wargaming; although I am sure it is far bigger for their families.
RW/LW
Bravehearts Hockey Club

Graphics Coordinator, Artist, etc... for JTS
Owner/Webmaster:
Scenario Design Center (hist-sdc.com)

Al

Al