I broke the seal...

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2019, 10:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I don't feel good about myself, but I knew it was inevitable. I bought my first title on the Epic Store.  :-[

There are just too many attractive titles going exclusive and I don't think I want to punish the developer for making deals that will give them more of a piece of the profit pie, which I hope will be siphoned back into further development.

Yes, I still have major concerns about the security of the Epic platform, but I am not saving any financial information with my account.  Also, the platform is far inferior to Steam in terms of utility and function, but maybe it will improve over time.

So, I have compromised with myself...I will not pre-order Epic exclusive titles, particularly titles that were originally marketed with Steam access. However, once a title is released in EA or in retail state, I will consider the purchase.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

What exclusive did you get?

Jarhead0331

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and I will probably get Satisfactory, as well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Two I am feeling the pain of not being able to get. Dammit all to hell. Hell!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Ian C

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 27, 2019, 11:14:08 AM
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Damn, didn't realise this was an exclusive. FFS.

Gusington

Epic store was created by the Fortnite developers. Like Valve created Steam.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Shame on you, Jarhead.  At least you admitted it though.

My own embargo continues; they won't ever see a penny of my money.

mbar

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 27, 2019, 11:14:08 AM
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and I will probably get Satisfactory, as well.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is the one game I am considering a purchase on Epic Store. $30 USD is a tempting offer.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 27, 2019, 01:23:52 PM
Shame on you, Jarhead.  At least you admitted it though.

My own embargo continues; they won't ever see a penny of my money.

I know. I tried. Sorry. :hide:

God speed. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Is Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw your only gray market purchase so far?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 27, 2019, 02:08:06 PM
Is Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw your only gray market purchase so far?

So far, yes. But, like I said, I'm probably going to pick up Satisfactory, as well. There are a couple of others on the horizon that have my interest, but I will not pre-order.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I feel the same way I did when Superman gave up his powers for Lois Lane. Epic is a wanton gaming chippie.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

It's ok.  I'm going to do the same with Outer Worlds and Mechwarrior.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback