I broke the seal...

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2019, 10:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoodedHorseJoe

Not going to lie, the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this post was that you really needed the toilet.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Speaking of the poor user experience with Epic, looks like Steam, which already far surpasses Epic's functionality is going to be getting even better...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/09/04/valve-are-changing-how-your-steam-library-looks-and-its-long-overdue/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Been looking forward to the Steam library update - don't know why it has taken so long.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Damn Jarhead, first you open an Epic account then you start reading that RPS toilet paper again?  I want the old Jarhead back. :(

Yskonyn

Lol!

I might crack my seal when MW5 launches. . .
I still hope for more places it will be available from however. 🤨
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

al_infierno

Picked up Phoenix Point today.  I just couldn't help it.  The idea of a brand new turn-based tictacs game by Julian Gollop is too much for me to say "no" to.  I won't lie, the Geiger-esque artwork in the Facebook ads are what swayed me over this morning.   :-X

Might just bite the bullet on John Wick Hex as well now that I've sold my soul...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I'll turn in my gaming hipster card at the door.  :-[
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on August 27, 2019, 12:27:52 PM
Epic store was created by the Fortnite developers. Like Valve created Steam.

Like discord, Epic has major chinese govt company investment. tencent I think? Like the movie industry these days. Which makes sense as they are the second largest company/country/economy in the world. ;)

Personally I think the only way to compete with steam is with exclusives. No other way into the market.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"