IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, December 14, 2017, 02:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quick word of caution :

If you have add-on campaigns (Desastersoft) they probably want work (for the moment) with the new version.
(Install doesn't let you select the new directory location)

Phantom

Shame both this & the original CoD now won't start on my PC (though the original did when I first got it) - tried looking for fixes but it seems there are about a 1000 things that can go wrong with this game. Alas I'm too old for this bullshit - will continue with IL46.

Tuna

Try right clicking on the icon in steam. under properties there's something that says 'Verify Local Cache" or something like that. and it will check to make sure all the files are correct.

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 14, 2017, 05:29:30 PM
Hm. I don't have pedals, or a Track IR, but I've got a HOTAS with thruster.

You will feel like you've been reborn with a good set of pedals. Track IR is very handy, too.

Destraex

I am not a fan of pedals simply because I have nowhere to secure them to stop them sliding and my chair needs to lose the wheels to operate them.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ian C

Seems to be a major bug  - go back into the options screen from a mission in play - you can't get back in and the screen is unresponsive. Have to Ctrl alt del and close the game from the task manager.

RyanE

Its been a while since I played COD.  Just downloaded and ran the 4.5 update.  I have been playing IL2 BOS a lot lately, so maybe I'm skewed.  Have the clouds in COD always looked like giant cotton balls?  In heavy clouds you notice it less, but even then, you see the balls of cotton around the main clouds.  It just looks weird.

IronX

As I recall, they were and they suddenly popped into view, too. I thought this version was supposed to improve the clouds, however.

Edit: In this review, it appears the pop-in clouds may have been fixed

RyanE

Yes, the pop up clouds seem to have been addressed.  Just the look of them is funny.  I also have an issue with AI bombers, at least Blenheims, are constantly porpoising during level flight.  Again, just weird looking.

But the water is beautiful and probably the best in a sim.

Phantom

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 15, 2017, 04:11:53 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 14, 2017, 05:29:30 PM
Hm. I don't have pedals, or a Track IR, but I've got a HOTAS with thruster.

You will feel like you've been reborn with a good set of pedals. Track IR is very handy, too.

Thanks Tuna - tried that first off, also the poss issue with MS redist, but no luck. We will probably lose the Battle of Britain now I'm not involved... >:(

Silent Disapproval Robot

Damn.  I was hoping they'd fix the AI but it's still brain dead.  Once the AI gives the "go home" trigger, the planes fly straight and level and won't respond to your presence.  I don't know if they're ever going to be able to fix this.  Makes single player a non-starter.

Tuna

Went in yesterday, looks and performs nice. Bummer that engine sound doesn't change with throttle.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, they go into the sound issues in this video as well as the AI problems.

AI stuff (or lack thereof) starts at the 11:40 mark.

Dude's FOV settings are nuts!

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 19, 2017, 12:42:08 PM
Damn.  I was hoping they'd fix the AI but it's still brain dead.  Once the AI gives the "go home" trigger, the planes fly straight and level and won't respond to your presence.  I don't know if they're ever going to be able to fix this.  Makes single player a non-starter.

You can set the AI up in the editor have some specific behaviors for different parts of its mission.

Yskonyn

SDR is correct, whenever they are flagged 'rtb' they become braindead and just RTB no matter if half their element is shot down. It's silly and been in from day 1.
No more ammo? RTB flag on. Low on fuel? RTB flag on.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."