Decades Bracket ONE SONG TO RULE THEM ALL!

Started by MetalDog, March 31, 2018, 09:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well, we're finally here.  The last poll in this long odyssey.  It's bittersweet.  I have truly enjoyed doing this.  And I have proved to myself that I can do what I set my mind to, even if it takes a year.  It's also bittersweet because tonight, I am moving out of the house I have lived in the last 5 years.  The place is empty of furniture with just the detritus of last minute packing and things I HAVE to have in my new digs. 

But enough of that melancholy shit!  This is rock and ROLL!!! No time for regrets!  Full speed ahead and LOUD AS HELL!!!  So thanks for voting and let's give Grogheads the ONE SONG TO RULE THEM ALL!!!!

60s v. 80s

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

As I thought, rhe 90s couldnt stand up to the other 3 decades. There is hope foe you people yet.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Well done on completing the journey MD!  :clap:

bayonetbrant

Great job through all of this MD.

I wonder what would happen if you ran it back again?  :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Great job and a sincere "thank you", Dawg, as this process has been quite enjoyable. Best of luck in your new digs, my brother.

trailrunner

MD -- A huge thank you for doing this week in and week out!  I've enjoyed it immensely.

MetalDog

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes folks.  Couldn't have done any of this without you and for that, I thank you.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 01, 2018, 09:14:53 AM
Great job through all of this MD.

I wonder what would happen if you ran it back again?  :)

We'd still end up with Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones.  ;)

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 01, 2018, 09:50:08 AM
Great job and a sincere "thank you", Dawg, as this process has been quite enjoyable. Best of luck in your new digs, my brother.

+1 to both sentiments!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

MetalDog

And in a landslide, Gimme Shelter is the One Song to Rule Them All at Grogheads.com!  Is it appropriate to play We Are the Champions? ;)  Thank you all for your participation and powering this journey with me.  You are awesome!

Barthheart

This doesn't point to the age of the forum goers at all.....  ;)

Well done MD. It was a fun ride.  :clap:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

trailrunner

Emeraldlis

Thanks MD for the musical oddessey, it's been a fun journey  <:-)    :clap:  well done for putting together such an entertaining musical extravaganza!  :notworthy: Enjoy the new home, and I hope you are settling in now  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog