It's FINALLY Here - GrogCast Season 4!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 27, 2016, 07:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

mirth

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 27, 2017, 01:34:17 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 27, 2017, 01:20:47 PM

;D ;D.....only seconds away from the dark side , he is ...mhwahahahaha  >:D

Brant made camp on the dark side long ago.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 01:34:31 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 27, 2017, 01:32:38 PM
Please re-read them ....join me in my Star Wars mania  :D :bd: :nerd:

Nerd! ;)

Nerds of a feather flock together ...... ;) and your inner nerd thanks my inner nerd , haha  ;D  :nerd:  ;)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 27, 2017, 01:35:26 PM

Are you kidding? The Dark Side made camp on Brant.  ;D

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on January 27, 2017, 01:35:26 PM

Some one take that red light sabre off him , dudes always end up losing a limb with those things !!!!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Bison

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Emeraldlis

Martok

Quote from: mirth on January 27, 2017, 01:28:48 PM
I've never read any of the Rogue Squadron books.
You mean the X-Wing series?  You should totally read it -- at least the first book, Rogue Squadron.  If you end up enjoying that one, I think you'd like the rest of the series -- at least the first 9 books.  (The 10th book, Mercy Kill, is more of a distant sequel -- it takes place after the events in the New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Force series.  I still found it to be a good read, but I'm pretty sure I would've gotten a lot more out of it if I had first/also read the NJO and LotF novels.) 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 27, 2017, 02:14:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 27, 2017, 01:20:56 PM
Zahn wrote first!

http://www.cafepress.com/grogheads/12554724
I still have my shirt.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

I do recall reading the Han Solo adventures series, something about his life as an Imperial officer candidate (which explained why he liked wearing the pants with the stripe down the sides - those were his uniform pants).

Also something that had to do with Jabba's palace; it was a collection of stories that were woven from the background of more well-known events, like the brain-spider-looking things walking around in the background in a few of the scenes in Jedi.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 28, 2017, 05:15:43 PM
I do recall reading the Han Solo adventures series, something about his life as an Imperial officer candidate (which explained why he liked wearing the pants with the stripe down the sides - those were his uniform pants).

Yeah one of the book's covered that. He made it into the Imperial Academy as a pilot cadet or something like that. I thought it was cool bit of backstory. It may have been the same book that introduced the Z-95 Headhunter, which was the precusor to the X-Wing (though it wasn't portrayed as such in the novel).

Those were cool books for the time. Not much Star Wars material to be found, outside of the films, in the late 70s/early 80s. The Marvel Comics and a handful of paperbacks were about it. And the Holiday Special  :uglystupid2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus