Homeworld 1&2 Remastered on Gog

Started by DoctorQuest, June 07, 2016, 08:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: -budd- on June 07, 2016, 08:40:34 PM
Generally stay away from RTS, does this have a pause button?

Game goes pretty slow anyway. But I find it hard.

mirth

I hate to agree with Goatfury, but he's kinda right.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sparhawk

I've been waiting for this on GOG. Just bought it.

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 07, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
Its not a good thing for GoG when steam is getting a hold of golden era classic games long before they are being released on GoG.  Had this been released on GoG back when it was released on Steam, it would have been huge. Now....who cares?
I do  :D

It's not the original games. They have been completely redone. It would have been nice if they had managed to release at the same time though.

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 07, 2016, 12:05:27 PM
No disrespect intended...but really, gamers who do not use steam are the transgenders of the gaming world.  They represent .03% of the gaming community, yet occupy much of the discourse on DRM systems, often times, quite loudly.  :crazy2:
Steam has gone a long way. It's DRM used to be very heavy early on and avoided it. Now i am really ok with it.

DoctorQuest

I am just happy we have multiple options for buying games these days.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

jamus34

There's always concern as we continue to move to the digital age. I'm more concerned about the government taking away consumer digital rights rather than an individual company.
You don't like steam, fine don't use them however you are restricting your ability to buy PC games in that case. One of the reasons I'm in no hurry to go console is that the current generation is pushing digital... But charging the same amount and sales suck. Why get a game with a physical disk when all the data is transferred to the HD anyway. At least with steam sales I feel I am getting a deal by recognizing the production savings of not having physical inventory.

But that is just my opinion and it's worth about as much as nipples on a breastplate.
Insert witty comment here.

Anguille

Quote from: jamus34 on June 08, 2016, 10:06:44 AM
You don't like steam, fine don't use them however you are restricting your ability to buy PC games in that case.
As i said before, i don't mind steam. The problem i see however is the monopolistic position of steam and i hope GOG (and others) will manage to bring more competition to the market.

jamus34

Quote from: Anguille on June 08, 2016, 10:28:33 AM
You don't like steam, fine don't use them however you are restricting your ability to buy PC games in that case.
As i said before, i don't mind steam. The problem i see however is the monopolistic position of steam and i hope GOG (and others) will manage to bring more competition to the market.

Completely agree there. That said they were the first players to the game. They took a chance and it has paid off comfortably for them. Kind of hard fault them for that.

Also look at the other players. Origin and the ubi version came after and their software is much more oppressive. You can't blame steam for their competitors being dumbass's.

Besides steam's seasonal  sales I've never seen them exert undue pressure on their rivals.

Insert witty comment here.

Anguille

Quote from: jamus34 on June 08, 2016, 10:43:16 AM
Quote from: Anguille on June 08, 2016, 10:28:33 AM

Completely agree there. That said they were the first players to the game. They took a chance and it has paid off comfortably for them. Kind of hard fault them for that.

Also look at the other players. Origin and the ubi version came after and their software is much more oppressive. You can't blame steam for their competitors being dumbass's.

Besides steam's seasonal  sales I've never seen them exert undue pressure on their rivals.
Completetly agree. So far, the main service i use is GOG where i buy most of my games. Second is steam.

undercovergeek

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398406822

This came out today or yesterday - apparently much anticipated, just delivering the news

Gusington

The games weren't totally redone but the graphics were remastered...the gameplay is the same and spectacular. Although I do find some of the missions difficult like Anguille says above. But me and my balls love both games. And Steam. And your collective mothers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

I think this introduces new ships with specific roles and stuff - I didn't read all of it

Gusington

What - that Complex mod you posted above?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd