Madden football returns to pc!!

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 09, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Wow, it's been a long time since football (decent football) has come to the PC!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

This is awesome...I will be buying. Tecmo Bowl next, with Fuad Reveiz DLC? 👍

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

^^If the rosters, or at least the player ratings, cannot be modded then the game will very quickly be worthless. Stock Madden ratings tend towards the completely insane.

Jarhead0331

Just wait for the kneeling during the anthem DLC.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DennisS

I don't want Madden. I want Front Page Sports Football 95 and 98.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

pretty sure it was since people were releasing updated rosters for years after it came out and thought they did other stuff too...

sure, madden will never equal the old front page games, but it is a solid game for what it is and nothing else out there.

for serious simulations, ootp/front office football will be released this year so year looking good for football

JudgeDredd

I'm definitely in. I love NFL and I loved Maddens representation of it. I've got the latest one on PS4 but as the PS4 uses the TV, it doesn't get used a whole lot.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 09, 2018, 08:19:00 PM
Just wait for the kneeling during the anthem DLC.
As long as the kneeling doesn't detract from the gameplay, and it's my understanding it won't, then I'll be in on that too - so long as that money goes to a worthy cause. 😘
Alba gu' brath

Phantom

Was Madden 08 on PC moddable?

I has last years rosters on it so in that regard yes - though I still didn't win much with the Bears  :) . Would be interested to know what spec PC you need to run the graphics on the trailer.

Grim.Reaper

Appears to be a community that was dedicated to modding....

https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

Although none of us know to what degree the new game will allow it.......luckily for me I would be fine with the base game anyway:)

solops

My all-time favorite football game was Madden 98. It was easily modded and was focused on strategy. Lots of X's and O's and play diagram stuff. It reminded me a lot of the coaches hammering plays into us and then practicing them...and then how things actually worked in a game. And then they turned Madden into a sucky video game.
Sigh...
The best I have been able to find since then is Action! PC Football and it is just not the same.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 09, 2018, 06:10:27 PM
Good news for sport fans.....

https://www.pcgamer.com/madden-19-is-coming-to-pc/

Ohhh reeeally?  Hrmm.

Wait..  what the f^*k is this?!

Quote from: Article.. Madden 19 was confirmed for PC as part of the new Origin Access Premiere subscription package.

"Premier subscription package"?   What the f^*k IS THIS?!  Oh, EA, you filthy exhaust ports.  I should've guessed.  I wonder if EA will also be jamming it full of digital gambling micro-transactions?  What a bunch of c^nts.

Quote from: solops on June 10, 2018, 08:27:40 AM
My all-time favorite football game was Madden 98. It was easily modded and was focused on strategy. Lots of X's and O's and play diagram stuff. It reminded me a lot of the coaches hammering plays into us and then practicing them...and then how things actually worked in a game. And then they turned Madden into a sucky video game.

This x2

I recall Madden '98 with fond memories.  Seems as if they started dicking around with the formula too much sometime after.

Gusington

Your avatar is freaking me the hell out.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd