Walk like it’s FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 26, 2018, 06:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

OT at the office tomorrow, cousins bachelor party tomorrow night. Massive hangover with maybe some CMANO Sunday.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

nelmsm

Did some PBEM files today and worked on my Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm campaign and went ahead and started posting an AAR in the appropriate section.  Should help me stay focused and keen on playing all the way to the finish.  Never have tackled a campaign before so you can watch me juggle the fate of Western Europe in my clumsy hands.  Tomorrow is time to mow the yard for the last time of the year though.  Been having rain every weekend or I've been too beat for a month but tomorrow is going to be 80 degrees so figured it was now or never.

MetalDog

I need to get one more mow before the end, too.

Huw the Poo

Warframe of course.  Plodding through the starmap, hindered by the rest of my group who are still far behind me.  We've opened all the labs in our clan dojo now though, and lots of research is underway!  I got my (now infinite use) archwing launcher for the Plains of the Eidolon - man, that's how to travel.

Now, due to all the recent (and not so recent) controversy surrounding Black Desert Online I naturally decided to check it out for myself.  I am absolutely hooked!  It's a staggeringly beautiful game thanks to its recent remaster; the world is vast, hand-crafted and gorgeous.  Its character creator is second to none, MMO or not.

What I found, to no surprise at all, was the accusations of it being a purely pay to win game are exaggerated.  It's true that there is an aspect of P2W in there, however there's also a lot the game gives you that other MMOs don't.  Example: By the end of my first day I already had a decent mount and my own house.  Every MMO I've ever played has made you really work for that kind of stuff.  Example: you have a "bank" (storage) in every town.  So even though you have to travel from one to the other if you don't or can't consolidate your holdings, nevertheless you effectively have enormous bank storage right from the start - this is something that other MMOs just love to "nickel and dime" you for.

Anyway, I'm hooked like I haven't been since I started playing Rift.  My free trial is about to expire this weekend but I decided days ago that I will definitely be buying a copy.  I've got myself in a good, friendly guild and I'm getting close to the level 56 milestone (where the "real" game begins).

Yskonyn

Good news @Huw! I like BDO as well, but like so many MMO's it takes quite a bit of time and dedication, which I just don't have at this time.
But the game is absolutely gorgous! The node trading system is fun and adds a light strategic layer to gameplay with you managing a business like thingy and the combat system is rewarding and fun! But the high level grind is real, though. You'll have to grind insane amounts of stuff to keep progressing later on. That's a bit of a downer for me.
Which guild are you in?

I personally have been sucked back in by Elite Dangerous. I have set a few goals for myself to keep focus and guide my gameplay and I am absolutely loving the experience; I have reinstalled VoiceAttack with the Orion and Astra voicepacks. A new feature is that you can now use several voicepacks in one profile and assign a pack as 'crew member' . So for navigation stuff you'll hear the one and for mission stuff you'll hear the other for example.
I think up to 7 packs can be mixed. Very cool.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Agreed with all that, Ysk.  I've heard about the grind but that comes as standard with high-level play in any MMO - and it can't be worse than Warframe's if you're not prepared to spend cash!

I'm in a guild called Megitsune.  They seem to be a bunch of anime lovers.  Friendly, casual guild that doesn't really require anything from its members other than activity.

airboy

I had 7 buddies over for Poker last night.  German food themed party today.

Moreb

Quote from: airboy on October 27, 2018, 11:20:39 AM
I had 7 buddies over for Poker last night.  German food themed party today.

What you boys play? Hold em or dealer picks?

Sounds like things could be wurst.  :hide:
When dongles fly? - mirth

Kushan

Quote from: MetalDog on October 26, 2018, 10:44:41 PM
And the Seahawk game, right?

Did hell freeze over or pigs learn to fly without me noticing?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

MetalDog

Just figured it would be less painful than watching Green Bay come up short ;)

Kushan

Ouch, thats a low blow.

As a GB fan I can't help but feeling like their wasting Rodgers talent with this lackluster unaggressive offense.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Crossroads

Walk like a Fridayian  :smitten:

Not much gaming, having a rather nasty flu. That was a good excuse to just park myself on the couch and watch footy all weekend though :bd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Crossroads on October 29, 2018, 08:20:39 AM
Walk like a Fridayian  :smitten:

Not much gaming, having a rather nasty flu. That was a good excuse to just park myself on the couch and watch footy all weekend though :bd:

Ugh...I'm just getting over a nasty bug too. Been keeping me down for a couple weeks now. Hope you feel better.

Weird weekend gamewise for me...Red Dead Redemption 2, Halo Wars 2, Homeworld 2 Remastered, Sins of a Solar Empire Halo mod Sins of the Prophets, Distant Wolds Universe and some Freeman Guerilla. Nothing really grabbed abd held my attention. I also installed a few gigs of old games that I will probably never play. Yup...sounds like I'm in a game rut.

RDR2 is very well done, but it is also very slow paced in a lot of ways. I like it, but I'm not sure how long I will stick with it. It requires a real time investment and I just don't have that kind of time and dedication at this point in my life.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 29, 2018, 08:56:15 AM

Weird weekend gamewise for me...Red Dead Redemption 2, Halo Wars 2, Homeworld 2 Remastered, Sins of a Solar Empire Halo mod Sins of the Prophets, Distant Wolds Universe and some Freeman Guerilla. Nothing really grabbed abd held my attention. I also installed a few gigs of old games that I will probably never play. Yup...sounds like I'm in a game rut.

RDR2 is very well done, but it is also very slow paced in a lot of ways. I like it, but I'm not sure how long I will stick with it. It requires a real time investment and I just don't have that kind of time and dedication at this point in my life.

Waiting / hoping for a PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2  (https://rockstarintel.com/red-dead-redemption-2-companion-app-files-hint-to-pc-version/)

I'm sticking with Assassins Creed Odyssey (think I'm about 38 hours in and I am at level 18 but only at 25% completion).