Feedback on Review of Piercing Fortress Europa

Started by bayonetbrant, July 11, 2014, 06:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Boggit's review is up!

What do you think?  Would a good logistician have made a difference for Boggit?  When are you getting your copy?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

enjoyed the review. It seems the game is as it appears and what the forum word says about it. I'm not sure how stoked i am about the Italian front and the amount of content. When i want to go to Italy i usually fire up SSG 's battles in Italy. It almost seems like a test the waters game to see how well it will sell before continuing. I say that because of the refinements that were left out i.e. no sound, mouse scrolling, full screen, slitherine PBEM system, no editor. I will probably still pick it up sometime just because of the WEGO and focus on logistics and ease of play,maybe during the holiday sale.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Boggit

@Budd :)
If you can swallow the clunky interface, the initially steep but short learning curve, you'll find it is quite an elegant and fast paced game. I also have a couple of the SSG games, which are good, but they do play out very differently to this one.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat