Main Menu

Its Friday!

Started by paplan, January 18, 2019, 12:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paplan

Well at least US East Coast.

A bit of a change up on the vocals this week.  The old guys will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChONufP0FEs

Me, I'm off until Tuesday am.

Sid Meiers Beyond Earth
SC WWII World at War
Deity Empires

and NFL conference champ games on Sunday.

Anguille

I will try to finish my first Stellaris campaign....i am at about 2350. I have rank 3 way behind a couple of fallen Empires and wonder how it's possible to catch up with their score (i have 6'000ish and they have somehing like 25'000 points).

With the new patch, i started a new campaign of Stars in Shadow.

Otherwise, i think i'll continue my campaigns in Imperium Romanum and Caesar IV (the first time i play the campaign, ever!)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Let's see...

1.) Grogpublic umping, with the Republic nearing an existential crisis: there are three Active Wars on the board (4+ at the end of the Combat Phase, and everyone loses!), one of which has a punchy Leader -- and a punchy Feet which Rome doesn't work well against (that's the 1st Punic War); and another two tough Enemy Leaders just popped up. So Philip V of Macedon and Aristosomething of Syria are both planning something soon.

2.) Yskonyn, are you still playing our AoW3 game? I get the impression the system is just waiting 5 days and then passing your move...  :-\

3.) Working along on another mp AoW3 game with DMakman (aka Ethel the Frog here on the forums), which we may restart soon to add some more players. It's his first game and he's learning the ropes.

4.) Also working along past the mid-point of two mp games of Lords of Waterdeep. I'll have to be very careful not to accidentally run out of time this weekend on one of them! -- the early leader already timed out several turns ago!

5.) Now that I've fixed Shadowplay (by rolling back behind the newest invidious drivers  :pullhair: >:( ), I can get back to filming an Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic hotseat allied campaign where I'm playing for my nieces!  :smitten:

6.) I played my first full game of Tharsis last night! -- well, not a full game, our ship fell apart about 1/3 to Mars. It's a pretty nice boardgame conversion of something I'm not even sure is a boardgame per se! -- well, as "nice" as a game can be where the dice turn bloody after cannibalism... I might do a text AAR on it, not a video, surprisingly strong language (also: cannibalism) so not for niece consumption. Anyone who likes the theme + RNG risk management will like it a lot, I think!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Lords of Waterdeep is one of my upcoming projects.  I have the board game and the PC game.

I'm handling Dash this weekend while the wife is at crafty class.  Puppies are not as time consuming as babies, but they are time consuming.  I'm also going to the Auburn-Kentucky BB game.

Game wise, I'm trying to finish up writing the Bataan scenario AAR.  I need to get back to Pillars of Eternity 2.  I also need to finish reading the Aggressors Ancient Rome manual so I can start that one up.

W8taminute

Great song paplan and it puts me in the mood to play GMTs Fire in the Lake which I got recently but haven't unboxed yet. 

I sit and watch as Friday goes by

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tuna

Great video Paplan!...

Probably lots of IL2.. TTS Saturday night.. Also gotta drive my kid back to college pre-blizzard. But long weekend, so who cares!

Gusington

W8 that is one of the best Stones songs ever!

More Wolfenstein New Colossus and Order of Battle, Russo Finnish 1939 campaign...just in time for two feet of snow here in the Hudson Valley.

Stay safe all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on January 18, 2019, 09:23:14 AM
Lords of Waterdeep is one of my upcoming projects.  I have the board game and the PC game.

I'm not quite sure I recall how to friend people in -- the system can borrow from Steam iirc? -- but a number of the Crisis Grogs multiplayer group are setting up a Waterdeep mp right now, including Arizona Tank and myself, and Dave Makman. Let me know if you'd like an invite! -- I'll try to figure out how!  :coolsmiley: (Come to think of it, it uses a Playdek account, so if you've got that set up for Twilight Struggle, you should be good to go.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Incidentally, any other Grogs are invited, too, especially if (like Barthheart) you already have a Playdek account from Twilight Struggle (or whatever); but you'll need both expansions. The game is significantly less expensive on mobile apps, though tapping some of the corner icons can get finicky.

Sir Slash

I am putting down TOAW 4 this weekend, I am going to do it, finally, despite it calling to me over & over, tempting me with just one more move, one more battle, an Objective...just...out of...reach.  :pullhair:  Back to Pillars 2 for me and maybe a little Rome 2 with the new, updated DEI mod. Have a great weekend Grogs everywhere.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Warframe Warframe Warframe Warframe Warframe Warframe Warframe...
Distant Worlds - I'm getting into this now.  The "introductory game" is all wrong in my opinion.  I didn't know what I was doing.  I've since restarted pre-warp and I'm doing a lot better.  I don't have a lot on automatic control, and I have a handle on things and feel like I'm doing well.  According to the diplomacy screen I'm stronger than my rivals.  Also it won't be long before I can cancel the "protection" I have set up with a pirate faction.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 18, 2019, 11:36:25 AM
I am putting down TOAW 4 this weekend, I am going to do it, finally, despite it calling to me over & over, tempting me with just one more move, one more battle, an Objective...just...out of...reach.  :pullhair:  Back to Pillars 2 for me and maybe a little Rome 2 with the new, updated DEI mod. Have a great weekend Grogs everywhere.

Yeah!  Maybe some rome II, definitely some Battles in North Africa, World of Warships and PQ-17(boardgame)

CJReich46

Field of Glory II, Legion War (on my tablet) , and maybe Stellaris?

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Wolfe1759

Just loaded up on some Matrix/Slitherine games with my anniversary coupon so will be trying out Strategic Command WWII - World at War and Aggressors Ancient Rome however the one that I didn't intend to purchase but did anyway (thanks to Grim.Reaper and JasonPratt for letting me know I could apply the code to more than one game  ;) ) Warhammer 40,000 Gladius - Relics of War (plus the Reinforcements DLC) is the one that has peeked my interest, looks like a very nice development of Pandora, not sure why I didn't buy it earlier however I've now got it for £11 so can't complain  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill