Pathfinder

Started by PanzersEast, May 15, 2014, 10:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I finally got around to learning and playing Pathfinder and I like it.  I know there are many who do not care for it, but I like the randomness to the game and the game flow overall.  I like how the scenarios can be linked together and your character gains skill and items which carry over..... I did notice though, if you run into a patch of bad luck you are just finished the scenario with virtually no chance to win..  I plan on playing through the scenarios and add-on pack... I also have the character add-on and got all in a trade on-line for Dawn of Zeds 2nd Edition.

PE

Arctic Blast

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it over time, PE. I enjoyed the game, but was disappointed that the vast majority of scenarios were very much 'wash, rinse, repeat' in terms of how the game works. I wanted more variety than what was offered.

Martok

I like how the system works, but I'm with AB on wanting more variety. 

EDIT:  Remembering to include prepositions would be good...  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Toonces

Is this a Pathfinder boardgame, or the RPG?  I'm confused...   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on May 15, 2014, 03:03:48 PM
I like how the system works, but I'm AB on wanting more variety.

Same. 

I've not played all the Adventure packs but I did do the intro ones.  Ended up with pretty much the same skills/equipment on each character after the three or four little adventures so it didn't seem to be as varied as it originally looked.  Maybe I should push on into the expansion(s) before making a final decision.  I have the character add-on and the Skinsaw Murders expansion but haven't messed with them yet.

Quote from: Toonces on May 15, 2014, 10:44:06 PM
Is this a Pathfinder boardgame, or the RPG?  I'm confused...   ???

The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. 

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/133038/pathfinder-adventure-card-game-rise-of-the-runelor

It probably belongs in the "Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming" section of the forum but this seems to be the go-to place for anything tabletop.  Perhaps the other game sub-forums (RPG/Adventure, 'Other Games', etc) should just be rolled into one big Tabletop forum?

Toonces

Hmmm....this sounds sort of interesting, but I've never played a card game like this.  I'm not sure if I'd like it more than, say, Castle Ravenloft et al.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

PanzersEast

I could have sworn I came across an alternate developed rule-set that changes things up.... maybe I was thinking of something else.  I can see you guys mean, as compared to LoTR.... I think the sustainability could be lacking.  An introduction to new adventures where maybe you are thrown into a gladiator pit and have a free for all fight would be cool  :knuppel2:

I think this game is one where you pick it up every so often and not play as much to keep it from getting too stale.

PE

DennisS

If you want a card driven game, and solitaire one at that, I would highly recommend Mage Knight. It may well be one of the top three solitaire board games I have, and I have ... a lot.  :)

Nefaro

Quote from: DennisS on May 17, 2014, 10:15:12 PM
If you want a card driven game, and solitaire one at that, I would highly recommend Mage Knight. It may well be one of the top three solitaire board games I have, and I have ... a lot.  :)

I've played it three times, and will continue to do so.  It's fun once you get used to the rules.

I also enjoyed Darkest Night for an easier learning curve.  While A Touch Of Evil is somewhat similar, DN takes up less space and plays faster.