Millipede = 0
Nelmsm =0
Cyrano = 0
Ethel the Frog = 0
Yskonyn = 0
Father Ted = 0
Anguille = 0
JasonPratt = 0

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Shelldrake on June 14, 2018, 05:07:46 AM
Quote from: Millipede on June 13, 2018, 07:20:38 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on June 13, 2018, 07:06:29 PM
Iudi1867 (Doug) and I have finished our match in Round 3. It was a well fought game but I scored a major victory as the Allies. :)

Which scenario?

1944-45 Philippines (Pacific Theatre) - not a very balanced scenario based on our game
Is the consensus that the score needs tweaking? If so, how much should the Allied victory score be tweaked?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 11, 2018, 05:29:00 AM
@JasonPratt do you want to play each round seperately? If not, feel free to email me the game for round 2.

I'm playing each round separately; my time and energy are somewhat limited and spread out thinly!  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ludi1867

I will take a stab at tweaking since no one else has.  Just be warned that I am playing all my games as the defender, and that might colour my thinking a bit!

I think that an allied victory in the Pacific scenario might be thought of as a four, not a five.  I really do think the Allies have a significant advantage in this scenario.  I also THINK that the soviets start with a significant advantage in "Stalin drives West", which I am also losing to Millipede - I think the maximum Allied score there should be a four as well.  (I am doing better in the third of my defensive games, as Cyrano has made some mistakes as the Axis which has limited his advance - so I am not losing in ALL of my games!)

Millipede

I don't know what the plan is but it seems to me that if we play another 3 round set of games after these that we're playing now and if we all play the 2nd set on the opposite side of the offensive/defensive fence then we're currently playing... it will balance out.

ludi1867

Boggit

Do you all want another 3 rounds on top of this as Millipede suggests?

Should as Iudi1867 suggests: the max score for the Allies in the Philippines scenario, and the Soviets in the Stalin Drives West scenario be capped at 4?

Let me know what you guys think. If there is a majority in favour of the change, I will change the scoring to reflect your wishes.

Millipede

Well I think (an unsubtle, "Who cares", is heard from the back row)... It would be much more equitable to play a 2nd round of games than it would be for Boggit, or whoever, to be put in the position of having to arbitrarily assign a # to define which side has the greater advantage and how large or small that advantage may be. Someone will end up disagreeing with that choice and walk away unhappy. On the other hand, with a 2nd set of games with the same scoring we will be in a situation where the outcome will be a lot closer to equal. There will always be factors that move the outcome off of the equal bar, one way or the other, but a 2nd round will not introduce another equal/unequal factor into the equation. Of course, a 2nd round introduces the problem of how long do we want this contest to continue.

There you have it, my two and a quarter cents worth.

ludi1867

Well, as long as we HAVE to do three more rounds it would be better to do three more rounds as the OPPOSITE side from where we started.  Right now I am doing all three as the "defensive" side and it is always more fun to be on the Attacking side!

Shelldrake

Makes sense to me to switch roles for a second round of the same scenarios.  O0
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Boggit

Well OK. If it is the consensus to play the opposite side, then I'll reallocate opponents, so that you all get a bit of variation with your gaming partners. I'll leave things as it is for a couple more days in the event that some of you are totally against this - as then it just won't work.

But if I see nothing more regarding this post other than approval, then I'll set up the mirror games for you.

Boggit

More results are in.

Round 1
Weapons and Warfare - 1941-45 Battle for Russia

Millipede (Axis) = 0
Nelmsm (Soviet) =0
Cyrano (Axis) = 0
Iudi1867 (Soviet) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Axis) = 0
Yskonyn (Soviet) = 0
Father Ted (Axis) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0
JasonPratt (Axis) = 0
Shelldrake (Soviet) = 0

Round 2
Patton Drives East - Stalin Drives West

Millipede (Soviet) = 6
Iudi1867 (Allies) = 1
Father Ted (Soviet) = 0
Shelldrake (Allies) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
JasonPratt (Soviet) = 0
Yskonyn (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0

Round 3
Pacific Theater - 1944-45 Philippines

Shelldrake (Allies) = 5
Iudi1867 (Imperial Japan) = 1
Ethel the Frog (Allies) = 0
Father Ted (Imperial Japan) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
JasonPratt (Imperial Japan) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
Yskonyn (Imperial Japan) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 0
Millipede (Imperial Japan) = 0

Overall Score

Millipede = 6
Shelldrake = 5
Iudi1867 = 2
Nelmsm =0
Cyrano = 0
Ethel the Frog = 0
Yskonyn = 0
Father Ted = 0
Anguille = 0
JasonPratt = 0

Boggit

As per the request for mirror games... here is the league roster...

Round 1

Millipede (Axis) vs Nelmsm (Soviet)
Cyrano (Axis) vs Iudi1867 (Soviet)
Ethel the Frog (Axis) vs Yskonyn (Soviet)
Father Ted (Axis) vs Anguille (Soviet)
JasonPratt (Axis) vs Shelldrake (Soviet)

Round 2

Millipede (Soviet) vs Iudi1867 (Allies)
Father Ted (Soviet) vs Shelldrake (Allies)
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) vs Nelmsm (Allies)
JasonPratt (Soviet) vs Yskonyn (Allies)
Anguille (Soviet) vs Cyrano (Allies)

Round 3

Ethel the Frog (Allies) vs Father Ted (Imperial Japan)
Cyrano (Allies) vs JasonPratt (Imperial Japan)
Shelldrake (Allies) vs Iudi1867 (Imperial Japan)
Nelmsm (Allies) vs Yskonyn (Imperial Japan)
Anguille (Allies) vs Millipede (Imperial Japan)

Round 4

Shelldrake (Axis) vs Ethel the Frog (Soviet)
Anguille (Axis) vs  JasonPratt (Soviet)
Yskonyn (Axis) vs Cyrano (Soviet)
Nelmsm (Axis) vs Father Ted  (Soviet)
Iudi1867 (Axis) vs Millipede (Soviet)

Round 5

Yskonyn (Soviet) vs Millipede(Allies)
Iudi1867 (Soviet) vs Father Ted (Allies)
Cyrano (Soviet) vs Ethel the Frog (Allies)
Shelldrake (Soviet) vs JasonPratt (Allies)
Nelmsm (Soviet) vs Anguille (Allies)

Round 6

JasonPratt (Allies) vs Ethel the Frog (Imperial Japan)
Millipede (Allies) vs Cyrano (Imperial Japan)
Father Ted (Allies) vs Shelldrake (Imperial Japan)
Iudi1867 (Allies) vs  Nelmsm (Imperial Japan)
Yskonyn (Allies) vs  Anguille (Imperial Japan)

Boggit

Latest score.

Round 1

Millipede (Axis) = 0
Nelmsm (Soviet) =0
Cyrano (Axis) = 0
Iudi1867 (Soviet) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Axis) = 0
Yskonyn (Soviet) = 0
Father Ted (Axis) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0
JasonPratt (Axis) = 0
Shelldrake (Soviet) = 0

Round 2

Millipede (Soviet) = 6
Iudi1867 (Allies) = 1
Father Ted (Soviet) = 0
Shelldrake (Allies) = 0
Ethel the Frog (Soviet) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
JasonPratt (Soviet) = 0
Yskonyn (Allies) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
Anguille (Soviet) = 0

Round 3

Shelldrake (Allies) = 5
Iudi1867 (Imperial Japan) = 1
Ethel the Frog (Allies) = 0
Father Ted (Imperial Japan) = 0
Cyrano (Allies) = 0
JasonPratt (Imperial Japan) = 0
Nelmsm (Allies) =0
Yskonyn (Imperial Japan) = 0
Anguille (Allies) = 1
Millipede (Imperial Japan) = 5
Overall Score

Millipede = 11
Shelldrake = 5
Iudi1867 = 2
Anguille = 1
Nelmsm =0
Cyrano = 0
Ethel the Frog = 0
Yskonyn = 0
Father Ted = 0
JasonPratt = 0

Bill Runacre

Thanks for organising this Boggit, and good luck everyone!  :) :bd:
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/