Do you wanna FRIDAY!?

Started by Jarhead0331, December 28, 2018, 05:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Time to get funky, Grogheads!

DCS, Star Citizen, Arma 3, and GTA 5 with LSPD First Response mod. It's amazing, really.

Have a safe and happy New Year all!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Red Dead Redemption with a side of Red Dead Redemption and a buttered Red Dead Redemption.

If I need a break probably some painting of my Mice and Mystics minis (which I am way behind on) and some 4x / grand strategy games (Vicky 2, Stellaris or endless space 2)
Insert witty comment here.

Anguille

Excellent song!

After playing a game of Pandora: First Contact, i've decided to try Civilization: Beyond Earth during the holidays. I had it in my library (bought it once when it was on sale) and i wasn't in a hurry to try it as the reviews weren't great. Bit mistake! I've played two campaigns in 2 days and intend to continue playing for a while. It's my favorite Civilization game so far. Great game imho.

Dammit Carl!

Gonna be a straight-up Ubisoft fanboi and play around with The Division and TC: GR Wildlands and Rocksmith 2014.

Oh, and get washed away by all this damn rain.

Huw the Poo

Warframe as always
The Colonists - a nice little Settlers/Anno crossover
Objects in Space - basically a freeform submarines in space sim
Final Fantasy 15 - just got it on the PS4 for Christmas and I'm pleasantly surprised with it so far

CJReich46

I've heard things about Objects in Space I keep thinking about that one.

Anyhoo...

I am off this weekend as of NOW, and on the agenda:

Book of Demons
Field of Glory II

That's it so far. I might pick up some stuff on Steam Sale but we'll see.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^Tell me all about Book of Demons.

I will be playing some more Ultimate General: Civil War, some Wings!, some futzing around with the Iron Harvest alpha and perhaps some Scythe: Digital Edition.

Went through the tutorials yesterday and it is weirdly atmospheric game.

If I am feeling really ambitious (I am not right now) I may start a Shogun: Fall of the Samurai campaign, modded with the Total FotS mod.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I just picked up Scythe the other day, Gus. We can do some mp eventually!

Relatedly, I've been playing a little Lords of Waterdeep (with its two expansions) recently, which is as close to Courtier as available currently (and better in some ways), and anyone who has Twilight Struggle already for multiplayer will have a Playdek account. The whole set is for sale at just under $12, and I'm liking it a lot!

Up to 6 people can play, and I'd like to see a full Grog match going with it.  :smitten:

(Relatedly, I'm still going with my Age of Wonders 3 match, with both expansions, against Yskonyn, where we had hoped we'd get more Grogs in the match, but alas. Not too late to restart that, though, if anyone's interested! The pbem functionality is beta, but seems to be working flawlessly for us so far!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

nelmsm

Well picked up Afghanistan '11 yesterday and it has kept me busy and happy.  Really like it so far.  Just got through all the tutorials and now on to the real campaigns.

Gusington

Curious to what you think of Scythe, Pratt. I liked what I saw but it seems a little, I dunno...obtuse? Like...intentionally obtuse...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2018, 02:51:45 PM
Like...intentionally obtuse...

OBVIOUSLY THIS MUST BE MY KIND OF GAME! ....I MEAN OBTUSELY!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GroggyGrognard

Just picked up ATOM RPG from Steam, so I'm eager to give a go this weekend. I have read that it is pretty much an early Fallout clone. In a positive direction.

Groggy

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Hofstadter

Got myself an rx580 for an enthoo pro m compy case as a Christmas present for myself because of this sh*tshow of a year. It'll look a big ugly though until I bother to get some more upgrades. Got myself into an assessment  for train driving, god knows how that will go because there's a medical....and pushups...with a buggy tricep.

Foodwise, trying to decide a healthy Thai thing to make today, five spice vegetable stew, red curry with tofu and snake beans or cauliflower yellow curry. Gaming wise I'm deep into thrones of Britannia with the new update, bit of siege, getting back into koth in Arma 3
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I picked up Scythe as well but haven't had much time to spend on it.  Currently not home on my own rig.  Looks good from my initial inspection however.  Plus watching some of the let's plays on YouTube make me want to buy the actual board game as well.  Can't seem to find it anywhere at brick and mortar stores. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk