Decades Feeder Bracket - 1980 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, April 27, 2017, 08:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Miracle of miracles!  The Spirit Of Radio won!!!  WOOHOO!  Ok...ok.  Settle down.  There's still two rounds.  Breathe.  That's better.  Back In Black is set to steamroll Rush like the 1 seed it is.  I hope not, but, it IS Back In Black after all.

On the New Wave side of the bracket, it's synth pop versus your first crush.  Cars is an earworm of epic proportions.  But Call Me has the secret power of Debbie Harry.  Let's see how it turns out.

The 1/13

The 2/3

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

I can't believe Rush made it to the Final Four
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

^ I can't either!   :clap:  \m/

Quote from: OJsDad on April 27, 2017, 08:29:41 PM
This round was easier than last. 

It's gratifying to see three of the top four seeds make it.  That tells me I did a good job on seeding.  Can't wait until you see 1990!

-budd-

Had to go Back in Black, Spirit of Radio is an excellent song.Can't imagine the other bracket knocking off either of these.

What the 80's only gets one year :knuppel2: .
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MetalDog

You, sir, misunderstand my great mission.  I am trying to determine the best song over a 40 year span.  There will be one bracket for each year from 1960 to 1999.  I am portioning them out one a week as that should bring us back to March Madness again in 2018.

BanzaiCat

Nice work, MD. Very nice work. Makes me almost sad to support the punnery around here.

Almost. ;)

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on April 27, 2017, 10:10:28 PM
You, sir, misunderstand my great mission.  I am trying to determine the best song over a 40 year span.  There will be one bracket for each year from 1960 to 1999.  I am portioning them out one a week as that should bring us back to March Madness again in 2018.

You realize if you are able to keep this pace up you will either A)be absolutely fed up of this shit by the time 3/18 rolls around or B) found to be criminally insane and institutionalized.
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

Quote from: jamus34 on April 28, 2017, 06:18:27 PM

You realize if you are able to keep this pace up you will either A)be absolutely fed up of this shit by the time 3/18 rolls around or B) found to be criminally insane and institutionalized.

Hasn't he been B already?  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on April 28, 2017, 06:33:07 PM

Verily, it is a requirement for a mod or admin position here at Grogheads.  :coolsmiley:

MetalDog

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 28, 2017, 07:06:59 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 28, 2017, 06:33:07 PM

Verily, it is a requirement for a mod or admin position here at Grogheads.  :coolsmiley:

I resemble those remarks. ;)  And thank you, B_C.  I'll forgive you your next three puns for saying nice words about me :)