Wargame Depot shuts down website, shifts to all BGG-presence

Started by bayonetbrant, February 16, 2015, 09:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: kyprosHello all:

First of all, thanks for the kudos and concern.  I appreciate the kind words about Wargame Depot.

Secondly, we are still selling games. You can find most of our stock here on BGG under my user ID. After today (when I put in GMT stuff), nearly all of our games will show up for sale here on the Geek.  Here's the URL to my Geekmarket list:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/user/kypros

As for the site, yes it is down and down it will stay. After suffering through many issues with the web hosting I decided that now would be a good time to take it down.  There is at least one other retailer who operates only on the Geek and that seems like a good way to go for us as well.

We are still donating a piece of every sale to the Veterans Support Foundation (over $7,000 so far) and now BGG will be getting a piece of every sale as well.  We think that arrangement is better than giving money to the hosting company we were using!

Cheers,
Jason
Wargame Depot

PS:  We have a couple hundred Osprey books that have no way to be listed on the Geek...if anyone is interested in some of them, just message me directly.  Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers