Jomni's No Man Sky Diary

Started by jomni, August 17, 2016, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Huh... now I see all the pics....  O0

Barthheart

So finally actually read your words and this popped out.."Vy'keen"... same race I met in the first system I was in.... ???

Sir Slash

Yes, "Vy'keen" actually means, "You can't see us". Or else you're watching football in Minnesota.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

I can see the first pic but not the others. (I've only visited once since the pix went up, so I have no comparison experiences.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

Quote from: Barthheart on August 19, 2016, 09:13:30 AM
So finally actually read your words and this popped out.."Vy'keen"... same race I met in the first system I was in.... ???

So races are limited in an endless galaxy.   :knuppel2:

Barthheart

Dunno.... I'm on my third system and it's the second that has the Gek species in it.

jomni

Quote from: Barthheart on August 19, 2016, 11:27:03 PM
Dunno.... I'm on my third system and it's the second that has the Gek species in it.
I met the Gek too

jomni

Visiting Frosty Hostile Land is a lucrative endeavour.  These glowing balls are scattered all around the planet.  They are called Gravitino Balls and could fetch around 25,000 to 30,000 Units each when sold in the market.  But each time you pick one up, Elite Sentinels appear and chase you.  But the risks are worth it.  My routine is to land in an area and scout for these balls.  Once I have figured out how many are in the vicinity of the ship. I plan my route and pick up sequence so that I am able to get to my ship quickly once the Sentinels come. 

I found plans for some breathing apparatus.   This would be useful in another planet in the system with large bodies of water.  The Gravitino Balls are put to good use.  I was also able to upgrade my jetpack.

I really love learning new languages.  And these monoliths are useful.

I found a lot of pods containing suit upgrades.  I was able to actually expand my suit slots after finding several of these stuff.  More space for power-ups and loot.

With loads of cash due to Gravitino Ball harvesting, I was able to talk to some Vy'keen trader and buy his ship for 700k units.  This left my wallet almost empty so I chose to stick around this planet to earn more cash.  I'll probably leave this planet alone once I get 2 million bucks.  I just hope I don't get tempted into buying another ship.

New fauna was discovered.  I call this the Cruel Ram.  It can be very dangerous carnivore and will attack you when provoked.  Luckily, I haven't done something to provoke it so far.

I bought another upgraded multitool in a Trading Port.  I couldn't figure out how to refill the Plasma Launcer so I'm not too bothered that this new one doesn't have one.  With 10 slots, I could load up more upgrades.  With this new weapon, I was able to actually fight off the droids that spawn when Gravitino Balls are picked up.

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Staggerwing

Quote from: Grimnirsson on August 28, 2016, 03:55:43 PM
no pics for me... :-\

Same here. I even tried quoting to extract the actual url of one of the pix and paste it into a new tab. Still no dice. Do you have your storage account set to private by any chance?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 28, 2016, 05:06:58 PM
Quote from: Grimnirsson on August 28, 2016, 03:55:43 PM
no pics for me... :-\

Same here. I even tried quoting to extract the actual url of one of the pix and paste it into a new tab. Still no dice. Do you have your storage account set to private by any chance?

Damn Google!  It's not privacy.  Looks like the url gets changed.  What's a better hosting site?

Staggerwing

I've been using photobucket.com for a while but I know some folks have other sites they prefer.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 28, 2016, 06:51:35 PM
I've been using photobucket.com for a while but I know some folks have other sites they prefer.

+1 on Photobucket.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

I put them on my free DropBox account under Public, then put the public link into the image brackets. Way easy  :)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY