IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

You should ride along with one of us as a gunner some night, Gus!

W8, I adore the Kuban terrain, any season -- it's by far the most varied of the maps. It also gets some relatively late-war Western planes on lend-lease for the Russians, so you can fly an Airacobra against the Nazis, for example. (Not sure if that's stock, but if not it should be on sale, too.)

The main advantage to the Moscow campaign, aside from airframes you might be interested in, is running a dynamic campaign from as early, as long as possible.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dammit Carl!

Them Tanks is purty.

(must resist urge to buy...)

Gusington

If you guys need a gunner this weekend in IL2 Stalingrad met me know. I say that all the time I know but this weekend should be open. It's been a while since I've gone along for the ride with Tuna, SDR, etc. and that was in RoF, IIRC.

I want to get Tank Crew in a bad way but I don't want to plunk down 70 bucks, fire it up and just stare at the screen like '...'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: W8taminute on February 05, 2019, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 04, 2019, 03:24:57 PM
IL2 sale from now to the 11th.  O0

Oh man so both IL2 Moscow and IL2 Kuban are on sale.  I only have money for one so the question is:

1. Moscow?
2. Kuban?
3. screw my budget and get both!

As JP said, the Kuban map is beautiful, and the A-20 is a breeze to fly, and the current sale price is cheaper than what I paid during the Xmas sale. and the ME 110 G is a powerful bugger!

Moscow is dirt cheap and has the Ju-88 (becoming my favorite plane).

I'd go with 3!

Skoop

There's a couple scripted missions for it, you can also set up quick battles for it.

Might even be some complex mp missions that have the tank crew content added.  I've seen some mp missions in the past that was sort of a capture the flag senario where some players would fight on the ground and capture flags in tanks, other players would dogfight and ground attack in the air with aircraft.  It was pretty fun, this was done before the tank crew content, so I would imagine the tank crew vehicles would be included to the mission.  There's a server that exclusively runs this can't think of the name though.

JasonPratt

Worth noting that Kuban is totally included in multiplayer server games, though you can't set them up of course. I've been flying Kuban maps despite not owning it.

Of course, I can't fly planes outside what I own from Moscow (and normal Stalingrad). I don't think I already own individual DLC planes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Dang it!  Ok you guys convinced me to get both.  I just won't eat lunch for a week to pay for those DLCs.  Hey if the price is as good as it's gonna get I can't miss the chance.

Then I can at least play with Tuna and Jason with more purdy planes.

Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2019, 01:51:13 PM
I still need to dip my toe into Stalingrad but...I am afraid.

Sounds like someone needs a  :hug:

I'm also afraid of flying as a fighter pilot in this game because I know I'll get spanked before I get a chance to find out from where.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tuna

Quote from: W8taminute on February 05, 2019, 04:25:22 PM
Dang it!  Ok you guys convinced me to get both.  I just won't eat lunch for a week to pay for those DLCs.  Hey if the price is as good as it's gonna get I can't miss the chance.

Then I can at least play with Tuna and Jason with more purdy planes.

Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2019, 01:51:13 PM
I still need to dip my toe into Stalingrad but...I am afraid.

Sounds like someone needs a  :hug:

I'm also afraid of flying as a fighter pilot in this game because I know I'll get spanked before I get a chance to find out from where.

Hop in the A20 first, you'll love it.. no crazy torque when taking off!! (landing is a breeze too).. Although, you have to know what keys are mapped to you're inlet cowlings (those are the ones on top of the engine), cause you have to close them as soon as you take off (I wonder if you could close em prior - havent' tried that). But shortly after takeoff, they will cause vibration in the plane until you close them. Other than that no crazy 'quirks' with that plane!.. Oh yeah the regular cowlings, I open them all the way, just like the Ju-88.... No oil or water radiators to worry about. Also remember you're measurements are in Feet not meters and MPH instead of KPH. However the bomb site converts automatically to the 'other'.

Tuna

Had a great time flying with w8taminute and JP today!.. We may not have accomplished our 'formation' hit of the enemy targets, but I think we had a good time, and W8t and JP got familiar with the JU88!

I think next time we will be hitting the enemy in force!

Also I had my first experience with a 'stranger' hopping in a gunners position and damage my own plane, so that was a new experience for me. But I was recording, so hopefully he will be getting 'banned' from the KOTA server.

Gusington

...wasn't me...I saw your Discord message about two hours too late :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

IronX

Yes, it's good practice to always lock your gunner positions before take-off.

W8taminute

Yeah that guy was a jerk.  I saw the whole thing as I was on Tuna's six low. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

Dicks like that should be banned (unless you're buds just taking the piss out of each other - that I can understand to an extent).

So, in this sort of thing, how would you unlock the position to allow a friend into the position?