Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

I'll vote for, as I understand the condition is that he will not do any prosecutions this turn
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

AzTank says he understands about no prosecutions.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Tripoli's Militarists add 20 votes for Furius as Censor, so that's net +46 votes so far.

As things currently stand, Erax's Progressive vote won't swing the result one way or another, so if you want to oppose out of Progressive special ability political benefit you can do so. ;)

If Malize or the Frog agree on Furius for Censor, that will be the majority.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Erax

I'll wait for the vote to be decided (hopefully in favor), then I'll oppose to farm Influence.

JasonPratt

Heh heh heh.  >:D

The Frog is glad to support AzTank's Furius for Censor, so that puts the vote over the majority.

I'll process your Influence farming and the technical results soon.

JasonPratt

Furius as the new Censor, goes up 5 Influence from 9 to 14, total influence up from 27 to 32.

Each of Erax's Progressive senators have at least (currently only) one knight, so their activist vote (of 7 instead of 5) earns each senator 1 Influence per Progressive special ability. Total influence up from 22 to 24; Flam up from 9 to 10; Plaut up from 13 to 14.

Furius briefly takes over as Presiding Magistrate, but presumably announces no Prosecutions this Turn. (I say "presumably" because no contract was signed by AzTank. He is entirely capable of calling as many Prosecutions as legally possible, and if he backslides on his promise I'll go back to process that! Otherwise for expediency I'm proceeding according to his stated intention.)

PM duties shift back to Dictator Scipio. Final Mandatory Business is assigning Governors to Provinces, but a Governor is already assigned to the (currently) only Province. Unless I.I. decides to Propose assigning Gallia Cisalpina a new Governor, this ends all Mandatory Business.

Other Business may now be Proposed and voted on (such as Raising units, and Deploying Forces with Commanders).

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

IncompetentIdiot

Quote from: Erax on March 10, 2019, 09:16:27 AM
Quote from: Erax on February 26, 2019, 07:56:58 PM
The good news is, we don't have any other wars to deal with. We are at 12 fleets, 17 legions.

I suggest we go all out, raise 10 fleets. Then we appoint Scipio Dictator with a high-mil MoH and send him with everything vs. the First Punic War.

Naval combat: 22 - 13 - 2 (omens) = +7 plus whatever MIL we can summon.

Land combat: 17 + 5 (vets) - 13 - 2 = +7 plus MIL too.

Having 5 more fleets than legions should give us a buffer to avoid losing legions in the naval battle.

Oh, and appoint a Plutocrat Consul so we don't go bankrupt from some random event next turn.

This was my proposal from a while back, it gives equal odds for the sea and land battles.

If nobody objects or has other business to propose I intend to do as Erax suggested above.

IncompetentIdiot

Quote from: IncompetentIdiot on March 13, 2019, 09:51:31 AM
Quote from: Erax on March 10, 2019, 09:16:27 AM
Quote from: Erax on February 26, 2019, 07:56:58 PM
The good news is, we don't have any other wars to deal with. We are at 12 fleets, 17 legions.

I suggest we go all out, raise 10 fleets. Then we appoint Scipio Dictator with a high-mil MoH and send him with everything vs. the First Punic War.

Naval combat: 22 - 13 - 2 (omens) = +7 plus whatever MIL we can summon.

Land combat: 17 + 5 (vets) - 13 - 2 = +7 plus MIL too.

Having 5 more fleets than legions should give us a buffer to avoid losing legions in the naval battle.

Oh, and appoint a Plutocrat Consul so we don't go bankrupt from some random event next turn.

This was my proposal from a while back, it gives equal odds for the sea and land battles.

If nobody objects or has other business to propose I intend to do as Erax suggested above.
Seeing as nobody has protested, I'll go ahead and formally propose that we 1) raise 10 fleets and 2) send all 22 fleets and 17 legions with Scipio and Manlius to fight the First Punic War.

JasonPratt

Strictly speaking, I.I. is proposing a voting Contract for Players to agree to, since those Proposals are of different kinds.

Once a (voting) majority agrees to the Contract, I'll start processing it automatically with votes as contracted. Since the Proposals will be made by a Dictator, there can be no vetoing.

Note that once the Dictator Deploys, as Proposed in the Contract, the Senate will be closed and we'll move into the Combat Phase automatically for resolution.

Tripoli

Militarists vote for the proposal to raise the fleets and legions.  However, recommend we do not make the deployment until after All Senate business and voting is concluded
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Currently that won't be a problem; but if you've got other "Other Business" to Propose, aside from Raising Fleets and Deploying the Force with the Scip/Manny team (Julius is a Consul this turn I think), then you'd better let people (or at least me ;) ) know before Scipio leaves the Senate!

Erax

JasonPratt

With I.I.'s Aristocrats (naturally), Tripoli's Militarists, Erax's Progressives, and Malize's Populists all signing onto the Contract to vote For the Proposals, this is a Contractual Majority, and the Contract will be processed and fulfilled automatically. Since Scipio, the Presiding Magistrate, is a Dictator, there can be no vetos for these Proposals (although I don't think any of the Players want to veto the plan anyway -- I'm just accounting for the rules as I go. O:-) )

First, then: Raise 10 Fleets, cost 10 units x 10 Talents = 100 Talents, down from 137 to 37. This restores the Navy to the 1st through 22nd Fleets.

Second, Scipio and Manlius Deploy with all Active units (22 Fleets, 12 regular Legions, and 5 Veteran Legions) against the 1st Punic War. Aristocrat normal vote tally goes down to 6 (for Quinctius still in Rome). Militarist normal vote tally goes down to 12.

With the Presiding Magistrate leaving Rome, the Senate automatically closes. The highest ranking available officer is currently Roman Consul Claudius of the Plutocrats.

This ends the Senate Phase.