Wish I had a FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, August 11, 2017, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Gaming will be War in the East.

HoodedHorseJoe

I'm hoping the No Man's Sky 1.3 update drops today, as I've been meaning to jump on that again. Seems to have actually gotten ok in the interim since launch.

Edit: Seems it already has!
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

^certainly a beefy update, but I don't think there is anything they can do to resurrect that game from the dead...

Anyway, ARMA III, Warhammer Total War and more VR gaming for me this weekend.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Hofstadter

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review-gary-grigsbys-war-in-the-west/

I got name dropped in wargamer. in the comments. Ego +10

Gaming is mostly Squad. I've been debating getting Lawbreakers, looks pretty good.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Jarhead0331

Oh...I almost forgot...sudden strike IV.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

Quote from: WargamerJoe on August 11, 2017, 05:33:20 AM
I'm hoping the No Man's Sky 1.3 update drops today, as I've been meaning to jump on that again. Seems to have actually gotten ok in the interim since launch.

Edit: Seems it already has!

Must have only dropped for the consoles because I just logged into Steam and there's no update there.

We have guests for the weekend and a pool party tomorrow afternoon so not much gaming.

VASSAL Time of Crisis game... hard to tell who's wining... I guess Jason is because he's been Emperor longest so far.

Try to get the DC:1 Warsaw to Paris to run back to Jason. Poles are starting to feel the pressure, trading land and men for time.

Then off to the cottage on Sunday for 3 or 4 days. Board gaming if it rains, canoeing, tree cutting if it doesn't. And lots of beer drinking.

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 11, 2017, 06:25:43 AM
^certainly a beefy update, but I don't think there is anything they can do to resurrect that game from the dead...

Anyway, ARMA III, Warhammer Total War and more VR gaming for me this weekend.

ARMA III, CLOD, Seven-years War, Spintires and maybe some other things.

DoctorQuest

The wife and I are heading way out of town to view the Perseid meteor shower tonight. It is supposed to be a good one this year and the weather here right now is ideal. The last time we did this we also saw the International Space Station cross the horizon a few times. A weird phenomenon. It looks like a very bright star moving quickly from west to east.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

I've seen the Space Station before too-- very odd seeing something so obviously different in the night sky. War in the West has gotten me sorely tempted while it's on sale but I got to get a couple of other games out of the way first. DC: Case Blue is first on my list.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

I work a half-shift today, and then a three-day weekend!  \m/ 

On deck:  Warhammer Total War and more Stellaris
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

sandman2575

In the past couple of days, I finally discovered the awesomeness that is Men of War: AS2. Game had literally been on my HD for years, with all of about 15 minutes total playtime. Not sure why, but made a determined effort to start learning the game, and now I'm hooked. It really seems to hit a sweet-spot -- somewhere between the arcadey fun of Company of Heroes and the painstaking rigor of Combat Mission. Very cool!

Also trying to make an effort to get into Starpoint Gemini: Warlords. We'll see if it hooks me.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 11, 2017, 11:06:58 AM
I've seen the Space Station before too-- very odd seeing something so obviously different in the night sky.

If you like you can subscribe to get a warning when the ISS is visible from your location ( https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/signup.cfm )
And here ( https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/ ) you can see the current location of the ISS and watch the live feed from the onboard camera directed at earth.

It still amazes me that you see something that is over 400 km high, is moving at 27.600 km an hour and has people in it.

jamus34

Great pick on the music Pete!

If I do grab Steel Division I'll probably plunk some time in that. Also have my backlog to work on. Weather supposed to be nasty tomorrow so maybe I'll try to teach myself some WitP and WitW. Or DC:Barbarossa. Nier automata...Thea the awakening. Any of the numerous total war games I have. And so on and so forth.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Moar GROGS OF CRISIS until Barth has to be afk. I'm technically winning for now, but can I keep winning? I'm verrrrry fuzzy. (...and in the game!  :D )

Posting the previous turn vs. Barth on DC1:Blitz. Has Barth delayed me long enough to outright win the game on our first operation!!? ...uh, yeah, probably, but I'm nearing Warsaw along an axis or two. (...pun intended.  :P )

Tomorrow morning I need to get a bit of tech fixed on my new car around noon. Then late afternoon, our quarterly MtG tournament (if all goes well)!

Theoretically my mp game vs. Tuna vs. W8 in Alea Jacta Est should continue, now that I've finally remembered that I was going to send my completed turn back but forgot to actually do it!  :buck2:

Unsure what else I'll be doing, but I think it's amusing that of my three currently running Grog mp games, I'm either the Roman Emperor or (as Napoleon) a claimant!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

Prepar3D, Elite, and CMANO for me this weekend.

OrbX is having a huge sale on their flight sim addons. Going to be picking up a few things for Prepar3D. Southern Alaska for sure, maybe (probably) their Global Vector and OpenLC North America addons as well.

In Elite, doing the Guardian Ruins mission (again) on my main account. I tried this mission when it was originally was released back in January and only got about halfway done, and at that time not all of the data points/ruin locations had been discovered. Now they have, and even with the recent nerf to the final payment, 110 million credits is still a nice chunk of chains. If I have some spare time I might fire up my second account as well. I haven't played it much and that commander is still in the starting sidewinder. Like to get him into a Cobra or hauler so I can get him out to do the Guardian mission as well.

CMANO is mainly going to be scenario design stuff. Depending on if I need to work or not I might try and get around to continuing/restarting my Chains of War Let's Play
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play