Boardgame app, with 100 maps, and many icons to place, even RPG sheets

Started by gameleaper, February 01, 2017, 11:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

yes, just tried the big maps, there is a bad fault with the compiler blitzmax, it may be fixable if I track the error and fix it as it happens, but that's a fiddly trial and error job, I will probably try now you asked, but it may be unfixable

gameleaper

no just tried tracking the fault, it distorts different parts of the map, by different amounts, pretty sure big maps cant be done, you can view a map, but cant have chits saved on it and move it

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 01, 2017, 08:48:39 PM
Can you make the SSD sheets even larger to accommodate that?

I just got a tournament base, opened it in paint cut the edges off, and resized it to 1000x640, and it was fine, I could read it all, and I used a small dot for registering damage, but I have the option of making bigger dots too, or a mix, no ones downloaded the new version yet.

gameleaper

you may like to know Ive updated it to give 100 SSDs, so you can have ships ssds, missies ssds, enemy ssds, base ssds, charts, anything you want to do, there are 5 racks with 20 ssds in each, you can set each racks title, and each rack has its own set of ssds and dots and icons, so the racks can look very different, you can save or load one rack, or all 5 at once.

bbmike

Quote from: gameleaper on February 01, 2017, 10:00:49 PM
Quote from: bbmike on February 01, 2017, 08:48:39 PM
Can you make the SSD sheets even larger to accommodate that?

I just got a tournament base, opened it in paint cut the edges off, and resized it to 1000x640, and it was fine, I could read it all, and I used a small dot for registering damage, but I have the option of making bigger dots too, or a mix, no ones downloaded the new version yet.

I have the color SSD books in PDF format from DriveThruRPG. The Starbase one fits.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

I take that back. For some reason in the latest version I can't use 1000x640 anymore?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 02, 2017, 10:58:19 AM
I take that back. For some reason in the latest version I can't use 1000x640 anymore?

I don't understand this, the program will accept any PNG even if it to big, it will just disappear at the bottom above 640, all you do is do a screenshot , open paint , then paste, then resize and sance as a PNG. I know its a little fiddly , but its just PNGs the app takes, you can resize your image in paint to any pixel size with one click, just ind the resiz button in paint..

gameleaper

I just guessed what it is, ssd.png isn't used, its ssd1.png , the ssd.png is a left over from old versions, the buttons are 1 to 20, but that is something I should delete, but its in the readme what files to use.

bbmike

Ok, I figured this out. I have run into this before (a lot). It has to do with the Alpha channel of the image file. If I resize and paste into your image and save it only the 'smaller' SSD area appears (the original Alpha channel from the file doesn't change). If I create a new PNG at 1000x640, paste into that and save it everything works!
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 02, 2017, 12:39:28 PM
Ok, I figured this out. I have run into this before (a lot). It has to do with the Alpha channel of the image file. If I resize and paste into your image and save it only the 'smaller' SSD area appears (the original Alpha channel from the file doesn't change). If I create a new PNG at 1000x640, paste into that and save it everything works!

I found this Alpha channel thingy before, you cant resave a file or you lose it, what you do is select your image area, then copy, now close the image so you have the copy in the computers memory, now right click and create a new bitmap, now edit the new bitmap and paste, now resize and save, but don't edit this file again and save or you will lose transparency, but you can repeat this procedure on it, its worked for me on everything.

you may have, other alpha problems I don't know, I only deal with transparency, but I have had some odd things with alpha

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 02, 2017, 01:27:03 PM
Just found this! There is an official SFB Cadet module for Vassal.  O0

Yes I have used it in the past, but the chits were blury, I have the vassal mod, but its only a few scenarios, but its still good, I may have to learn how to do a module.I bought the pocket version for $10 from drivethru , but I have a few real boxes, the main rules from drivethru for 50 has been tempting me on and off. I like Boardgamegeek to find things out.

SFO is an online app for sfb, the demo version is free and from what ive tried you can play a full solo version, but I havnt looked properly yet, and you have to be online, its on the developers site http://www.sfbonline.com/index.jsp  :bd: its the best thing ive found so far

you know I had an alpha problem with Batlegrounds rpg, I added a border to the edge that fixed it for me.

gameleaper

you know with my app, I think you could keep an rpg organized with sheets and nots ,small map, rooms, locations, with icons for people etc.. each rack in my app can have different icons too

bbmike

gameleaper, is it possible to make it so that when you switch between the 5 tabs (SSD Racks) that the program remembers what was selected? For example, if I'm in tab 1, sheet 13 and switch to tab 2, sheet 8, then switch back to tab 1 it still shows sheet 13?

Also, anyone who plays SFB should really check out this for managing SSDs in game.  O0
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 08, 2017, 12:06:20 PM
gameleaper, is it possible to make it so that when you switch between the 5 tabs (SSD Racks) that the program remembers what was selected? For example, if I'm in tab 1, sheet 13 and switch to tab 2, sheet 8, then switch back to tab 1 it still shows sheet 13?

Also, anyone who plays SFB should really check out this for managing SSDs in game.  O0

nice idea to remember the last SSD you were looking at, then return to it after looking at another rack. I have just redone my computer to do VR on my phone, so programing has stopped for now, but I will do as you say if I redo my PC for programing again.