NWS to No Longer Stock GMT, DVG, or TPS

Started by Cyrano, December 27, 2016, 05:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on December 27, 2016, 06:40:26 PM
Doug, Enterprise does first-release GMT, no?

He does, but Enterprise is literally Don's house and a rented warehouse. I order from the website and drive over to pick the game up when he's retrieved it to save the shipping cost. He's 100% mailorder.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

:wow:
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 27, 2016, 05:57:22 PM
Quote from: panzerde on December 27, 2016, 05:41:07 PMI haven't seen a FLGS actually carrying a wargame since I graduated OSU and moved to South Dakota (kinda thin on FLGSs there, too).

y'all are in the wrong town!

This is just the ASL stuff at The Gamer's Armory over in Cary.  There's another handful of shelves for GMT, MMP, LNLP, Lost Bn, etc...

I've been here and there is a pretty decent pizza joint next door too.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

No, just what I see when I see a wall of ASL products.  :buck2:

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Swatter

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on December 27, 2016, 08:26:40 PMI've been here and there is a pretty decent pizza joint next door too.

They've actually moved since you were there.  They are across the street from their old location, around the side of the shopping center.
They're now next door to a dance studio, but still walking distance to the pizza place.
New location has waaaaaay more space, and wasn't very much more for the rent. 
Only downside is it's harder to see from the street.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 27, 2016, 10:11:29 PM
No, just what I see when I see a wall of ASL products.  :buck2:

You have a point.  What I see when I see an ASL-clone game:  ;)

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 27, 2016, 06:52:15 PM
Why? You probably have more ASL stuff than that store does.  :))

No, there's a shit load of TPP there - Rally Point, Schwerpunkt, Le Franc Tireur...

I've got your webstore page open Brant, I've had it bookmarked for some time.  I've been exploring more third party stuff and so I'm thinking that I might put an order together after the new years some time.  Glad this reminded me!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Rekim

This is just the ASL stuff at The Gamer's Armory over in Cary.  There's another handful of shelves for GMT, MMP, LNLP, Lost Bn, etc...

Probably more ASL gear in that picture than all FLGS in Canada combined  \m/

trailrunner

y'all are in the wrong town!

My wife and I are planning on retiring in about seven years.  We're thinking of escaping the DC suburbs, and Raleigh Durham is one area we may move to.  I used to travel down there for business, and one of our neighborhood friends already retired and moved down there.  This spring we're going to take a road trip throughout NC to look at the various cities, starting with our friend's house outside Raleigh.  I've ordered stuff from The Gamer's Armory, but I will try to stop by the store while I'm there.

bayonetbrant

Give me a shout when you are in town and we can go grab a drink!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Darn this thread...made my second board game purchase of Apache Leader....NWS had it only for $36, hard to pass up for a solo player (at least that is what I hear).  I haven't even unboxed Warfighter WWII that I received from Christmas:)   Hoping I don't just buy these and up staring at them like I do a number of the PC games I buy:)