This Weekend's Feature: Thirty Years War

Started by bayonetbrant, September 12, 2015, 05:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

That's a great start Boggit. I hear rumblings that the campaign isn't balanced very well at start. I'd be interested in your opinion-- or Brant's since it's his post-- as to who has the upper hand and why.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 15, 2015, 09:27:19 AMor Brant's since it's his post

Brant's name is on them only because he is the cut-and-paste-monkey that loads the articles.

The authors' names are all over them to make sure I don't accidentally get unwarranted credit :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Cut-and-Paste Monkeys are important too. And have opinions. And also apparently, scissors and paste.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 15, 2015, 09:27:19 AM
That's a great start Boggit. I hear rumblings that the campaign isn't balanced very well at start.
You are right that the campaign isn't balanced at the start, but being a history buff I can live with it. It's just a reflection of history. The Imperialists were nearly overrun at the outset, coming close to losing Vienna. The trick in the game is to delay events, and wait for the Catholic League to wake up to the political threat represented by all those Protestant rebels/states coming out of the woodwork. Then you have the challenge of reversing the tide of heresy, which ain't easy! ;) You'll get no Papal Bull here! :2funny:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat