Main Menu

Barbarroja

Started by bboyer66, May 31, 2019, 08:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bboyer66

FarAway Sooner

Not me.  The Steam page in English looks like a poor version of Google translate, but if the game play is good?  :)

I also freely admit, when I clicked on the link to this post, that I thought this was going to be a thread making fun of our resident poster, bobarossa!    <:-)

Rayfer

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 31, 2019, 09:19:52 AM
https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/barbarroja/

I checked Steam...it is posted that they added AI to the game just this week.  Head to head play is no longer the only option as was (and correctly so when the article was written) cited in the wargamer review from February.

Sir Slash

Plunge-Free Zone here.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 31, 2019, 09:12:45 AM
Not me.  The Steam page in English looks like a poor version of Google translate, but if the game play is good?  :)

I also freely admit, when I clicked on the link to this post, that I thought this was going to be a thread making fun of our resident poster, bobarossa!    <:-)
Yeah, they wanted to avoid paying me for rights to the name so they changed it.

And every time I see the game's name I think of burritos.

W8taminute

Kind of sorta reminds me of 'Soldiers of Empires' by Igorlabs. 

This game looks interesting.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bobarossa on May 31, 2019, 10:36:09 AM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 31, 2019, 09:12:45 AM

Yeah, they wanted to avoid paying me for rights to the name so they changed it.

I think of barbacoa beef.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

That's what I was thinking.  My favorite burrito is the Barbacoa at Ecoli-potle.

ArizonaTank

I am curious to see how the AI is. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

mbar

[/quote]

I thought the title was Barbarella. Disappointed.

bobarossa

Quote from: mbar on May 31, 2019, 12:24:05 PM

I thought the title was Barbarella. Disappointed.
[/quote] I heard Jane Fonda was going to reprise her role in a remake.  Wouldn't that draw a crowd!

W8taminute

Ha!  I'm more partial to Duran Duran's Electric Barbarella myself.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao