Iran Drones Hit Saudi Oil Fields?

Started by Labbug, September 14, 2019, 06:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

It's kind of weird. Houthi is overtly claiming responsibility, but SecState says there's no evidence the attack came from Yemen, yet isn't giving evidence the attack came from Iran.  ???

I mean, Iran has been pushing more than a little for war in the region recently, so I don't find it inherently hard to believe Iran did it. It's just weird. We'll see what evidence (if any) develops by Monday I guess.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

With the collapse of the ISIS / ISIL (so-called) Caliphate, Iran could be making a push for picking up any conversions by flexing locally against the Great Satan and its allies.

Any successes along that line would increase the possibility of Iran thinking they can call for a worldwide jihad as the one and only legitimate Caliphate (since strictly speaking there should only be one Muslim Caliphate in the world).

That would be a path into WW3, but it could look rather different than the prior world wars.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

em2nought

I think the democrats did it, or at least paid for it to be done.  ;)
Stolen elections have consequences.