Stellaris or Endless Space 2 DLC

Started by FarAway Sooner, January 02, 2019, 12:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

So, I haven't played much game in recent months, but am looking to get back into ES 2 (played a little) and Stellaris (played a lot but always bogged down micro-managing planet in the mid-game).  Any recommendations for DLC for either of these if I've got some credits to burn in the Steam Sale?  I'm overwhelmed by the myriad options, and decidedly unenthused Steam reviews for most of them!

For ES2, I already have the Vaulters expansion and the Untold Stories expansion.  Should I get Supremacy?

For Stellaris, I have the Utopia and Leviathans DLC--are Megacorp or Apocaplypse worth it?  Reviews on both are decidedly meh.

Trooperc7

I own and play both games...I also lack the Apocolypse and megacorp dlc for Stellaris. My opinion of Stellaris is a lot like yours.....Im not sure the dlc would change the game to a great degree...I do own and have played ES2 with the supremavy dlc. I think it changes the game play quite a bit. The new race (Hissho) play differently from the others..That in itself is not unusual as all the races play differently.. Certainly one of the things that keeps ES2 fresh in my mind...However the biggest change to the game is the new Behemoth ships. There are 3 types... One is economic that helps your economy of the world you park it around. One is scientific that gives you bonuses when parked near certain stars... While these first 2 are armed, the last one is a pure military model. Once you have one of the Military behemoths, you can quit worrying about pirates or use it to seal off sectors from unwanted scouts or small fleets.

I am a fan of 4x space games and in my opinion, ES2 is my favorite.....Certainly if you enjoyed ES2 before, Supremacy is a good add on and its currently on sale!

Rayfer

I have vanilla Endless Space 2 with no DLC but haven't put in much time at all, so I can't comment on it.  Stellaris, with the most recent free update radically revamped the planet management interface and made other positive changes. I very much enjoy Stellaris with its many interesting and long unfolding quests.

HoodedHorseJoe

If you like the idea of playing as a 'corporation' type empire (which has a ton of unique rules and gameplay style), then I'd say MegaCorps is worth it. But since it's the most recent expansion it's not discounted by much. It will be a long while before a good drop turns up.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Pete Dero

Kushan

Unless you really want to play as a megacorp or want access to the slave market, can probably pass on megacorp. Personally I've been really liking playing as one, although there are some weird decisions they took. Like not being able to build a branch office where another Corp already has one.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

FarAway Sooner

CJReich46

I've been in that boat myself.

I own ES 2- love it. I have Vaulters and I might get Supremacy. I still can't figure out the right strategy in that game.

Stellaris - own it and have Leviathans, Utopia (by now must have) Synthetic Dawn (recommended for AI races)  I don't have Apoc or Mega yet. I haven't gotten to that stage in the game with the infamous Midgame or Endgame crisis.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose