Starship Corporation

Started by undercovergeek, October 17, 2012, 07:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

DennisS

Quote from: steve58 on May 23, 2018, 02:24:48 PM
OK, I'm necro'ing this thread a 2nd time.  Seems Starship Corporation is on sale until ?? for $1.99 on Amazon.

This game is worth the $1.99 cost, if it comes with a $2 coupon.

I have watched this game for years. It is currently on Steam, for $20, and sports a 41% rating. Yep...41%. Derek Smartt may be able to do better. Don't bother with this one.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DennisS on May 23, 2018, 03:25:34 PM
Quote from: steve58 on May 23, 2018, 02:24:48 PM
OK, I'm necro'ing this thread a 2nd time.  Seems Starship Corporation is on sale until ?? for $1.99 on Amazon.

This game is worth the $1.99 cost, if it comes with a $2 coupon.

I have watched this game for years. It is currently on Steam, for $20, and sports a 41% rating. Yep...41%. Derek Smartt may be able to do better. Don't bother with this one.

What are you basing your impression on? Steam reviews? Derek Smart? Really? That's a bit harsh. Its actually a very decent game. It has some issues with the mechanics, but for a $1.99, its EASILY worth it. I'll add that the game was consistently supported throughout early access and the developers are off to a strong start supporting the game post-EA. In today's day and age of abandoned EA titles, this is certainly a notable exception.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Derek Smart?  Somebody got into the AOL wayback machine.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

solops

This does sound interesting.
Oh yeah, someone write "Derek Smart" three times.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

DennisS

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 23, 2018, 05:01:15 PM

I am an old man. I was involved with this saga, real time, back when it happened. I remember posting back and forth on various bulletin boards about his PhD, or lack thereof. You can still find the entire dustup online, makes for tremendously entertaining reading.

I reminded him of our acquaintance, and posted on one of his shit games on Steam. I got a perma ban from the game, which pleased me greatly.

I even owned a copy Millenium..although I could never get it to work properly.

Perhaps you are right...Starship Corporation is not a polished title, but they are trying. Derek Smart was ONLY interested in stroking his galaxy-sized ego.

glen55

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 23, 2018, 05:01:15 PM

Consider the audience.

(Looking around)

I think 90% of the folks in this room have Derek Smart in the wayback machine in their brains.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I was there in the old AOL forums butting heads with DOCTOR Smart.  He was very upset that I wasn't happy that his game (OG BC3000) didn't work. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

solops

Has anyone played this with the new 2.7.4 update from May? It is on sale and I am very curious. I have extra disc space since Civ6 got deleted.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

New patch out today. Any feedback?

solops

OK, you guys are no help at all. I went ahead and got it at 33% off.......$13 bucks.

Yeah, I'm a paragon of patience and restraint.

DennisS

Quote from: solops on June 21, 2018, 10:04:27 PM
Has anyone played this with the new 2.7.4 update from May? It is on sale and I am very curious. I have extra disc space since Civ6 got deleted.

This is where I am at. A big title means something has to come off. Civ 6, 5, and 4 all remain on the hard drive, as all three are significantly different games.

Jarhead0331

The 2.7.4 update doesn't seem all that significant.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18