Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 60s Week 5 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, February 12, 2018, 10:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The 60s, to me, is really about rock taking its place in youth culture and supplanting the dance/pop music of the first half of the decade.  There's a lot more to it, but, that'll serve as the reasoning for my Bracket split.  The top half is chock a block of rock.  And not just any old songs.  Top five songs in many of these bands catalogs.  Have fun sorting that out.  The bottom half of the Bracket has some iconic songs and icons with songs.  I think a fulsome example of what passed for dance/pop is represented there.  Hope you like it and thanks for following along.  :)

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

"Think" might've been the greatest movie moment in this list :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on February 13, 2018, 06:38:51 AM
No "might've" about it.  \m/

you could make a case for Sympathy For the Devil's appearance in the Interview With A Vampire movie, but that was the GNR cover.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 13, 2018, 09:42:54 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 13, 2018, 06:38:51 AM
No "might've" about it.  \m/

you could make a case for Sympathy For the Devil's appearance in the Interview With A Vampire movie, but that was the GNR cover.

Bad movie and bad cover....  :P

bayonetbrant

bad movie yes

bad cover?  not too shabby

original tune?  much better, worthy of #1 overall seed

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 13, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

original tune?  much better, worthy of #1 overall seed

Agreed. If there is any right in the world it should come down to Think and Sympathy for the Devil in the final round.

trailrunner

This is a deep bracket with some really good songs.  Really good songs.  But I'm not dazed, nor am I confused by the clear choice for the best song.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob