Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Starship Corporation
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 04:01:15 PM »
Derek Smart?  Somebody got into the AOL wayback machine.
click to enlarge

and yes, it's split into 2 pieces for whatever dumbass reason

Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by glen55 on Today at 03:37:37 PM »
That all sounds horrible. It will probably be a gargantuan cluster-relationship when it rolls out the door, but I'm really interested in seeing what 1.6.3 or so plays like.

Computer Wargaming / Re: DCS F/A-18C
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 03:20:04 PM »
Thanks. But I knew about that - I just didn't like that tool

8GB download installed - now the 13GB map  <:-)

I'm installing the map right now too...

Really, really wish I had a hornet to fly over it with.  :'(
Computer Wargaming / Re: DCS F/A-18C
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 03:18:11 PM »
Thanks. But I knew about that - I just didn't like that tool

8GB download installed - now the 13GB map  <:-)
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by Ian C on Today at 02:59:56 PM »
More on the next expansion. Some interesting ideas being thrown around.

Man the Guns will focus on naval warfare primarily but also redoing UK and USA and giving them more fun options. There will also be other new focuses but those are secret for now. We will also be adding fuel to the game which a lot of people were very excited to hear about at pdxcon :)

The UK and US revamps we plan to handle the same way we did Germany and Japan, e.g the changed trees and historical path in the 1.6 'Ironclad' update and the new alt-history paths (despite my perhaps not so subtle hints people have figured out that there is going to be the possibility of a 2nd american civil war among other cool things).

As for the themes we decided to go with naval for several reasons. One, that it fits very well with USA (and they were on the top of our list of nations we felt needed more fun gameplay). Secondly we have already done big changes to both land and air in previous expansions and updates so it was time for the 3rd type of warfare to get its time in the spotlights. Its also currently in my opinion the weakest part of HOI and something we really want to make shine.

We are currently very early in development so things may change, but here are some things mentioned we are aiming to do (in expansion or free update or mixed):
- Ship design and the ability to refit older ships and keep things up to date
- Naval Terrain: different seas will behave differently and suit different ships and fleet compositions
- Revamped naval combat
- Fleets split up into task forces for better control
- New naval spotting system
- Ability to control naval routes and block areas you dont want units to travel through
- Fuel, obviously going to be a massive balance job for us and a big gameplay change for you :)
- Gameplay rules, particularly to help multiplayer groups out when it comes to manage their games
- of course other stuff as well. to be revealed in the future.

We don't have a release date yet, and most of the above is still subject to change because we are are still early. I really wanted to talk as much as possible about what we are up to at pdxcon though :) Hopefully I will see more of you next year there!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-man-the-guns-and-pdxcon.1100177/

Computer Wargaming / Re: Attila: Total War
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 02:43:43 PM »
^Its beta. I just watched some let's play vids and instantly reinstalled Attila to get the mod. Looks outstanding.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 02:42:31 PM »
OK, I'm necro'ing this thread a 2nd time.  Seems Starship Corporation is on sale until ?? for $1.99 on Amazon.

This game is worth the $1.99 cost, if it comes with a $2 coupon.

I have watched this game for years. It is currently on Steam, for $20, and sports a 41% rating. Yep...41%. Derek Smartt may be able to do better. Don't bother with this one.

What are you basing your impression on? Steam reviews? Derek Smart? Really? That's a bit harsh. Its actually a very decent game. It has some issues with the mechanics, but for a $1.99, its EASILY worth it. I'll add that the game was consistently supported throughout early access and the developers are off to a strong start supporting the game post-EA. In today's day and age of abandoned EA titles, this is certainly a notable exception.
Books & Reading / Re: Kindle book deals
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 02:36:34 PM »
 :bd:
« Last post by DennisS on Today at 02:25:34 PM »
OK, I'm necro'ing this thread a 2nd time.  Seems Starship Corporation is on sale until ?? for $1.99 on Amazon.

This game is worth the $1.99 cost, if it comes with a $2 coupon.

I have watched this game for years. It is currently on Steam, for $20, and sports a 41% rating. Yep...41%. Derek Smartt may be able to do better. Don't bother with this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10