Blast-off For MONDAY!!

Started by solops, June 18, 2018, 08:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Since most of you have the  "What am I playing" thread for Fridays, I decided to start the Monday game thread for us retirees, since weekends are our busy time and weekdays are when we get to relax and play, retired style! And yes, I am still on Civ4 with the C2C mod.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Barthheart

Lucky basturd... I've got seven more years to put in yet....  :buck2:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

solops

Quote from: mirth on June 18, 2018, 08:36:43 AM
This seems wrong.
Which is what makes it so great for all of us old, beat-up ba____rds  :)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Blast off for Monday is perfect for us completely retired guys.

I have been spending the last week plotting my trip from St. Louis to Yellowstone...me and the family will be having a full two weeks at the park, and there and back. Probably 8 days actually in the park.

Why is this important? We are travelling through Kansas City, which has the finest board game store I have ever seen. HUGELY better than anything here in St. Louis.

Boardgamegeek is your friend. I now have 19 (!) solitaire games I am interested in. I will only allow myself about $500 to spend, so I will have some difficult choices. Some are must buys...such as IAF Leader, Mage Knight Lost Legion, and Gloomhaven. I am also looking hard at D-Day Omaha/Tarawa/Pelileu. Probably just one of the three. I don't have Huey/Phantom/Corsair/Gato Leader, but I do have all the rest.

Specifically for this week. I am just getting ready to throw down on Libya, 2011, General War campaign in Thunderbolt/Apache Leader. I am ready to place terrain, and place forces on that one.

This game will alternate with the new Empire Deluxe and continued ass-whooping in Battletech. Busy week for this old Grognard!

Rayfer

Awesome idea solops... O0  I'm 67 and been retired for 9 years.  Sitting here now ready to fire up Napoleon Total War (British Campaign) and then later Fallout 4.

stolypin

While trying to work full-time, I am playing:

Computer:  Combat Mission Final Battle
Computer:  TOAW IV (Bulge 44 scenario)
Computer:  Command, Modern Air/Naval Operations
Board:        Dien Bien Phu (Modern War mag solitaire game)

bob48

I've been retired for 4.1/2 years, although I still did some consultancy stuff (working from home) for my former employers until quite recently.

Ready to set up later today; 'Canadian Crucible: Brigade Fortress at Norrey'. This is one of the TCS games from MMP.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

I dream about retirement.

If you're going to do this, you've got to do it right. Include a song link in the post and use the name of the song in the post title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

I dream about a time when I can dream about retirement.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on June 18, 2018, 11:07:27 AM
I dream about a time when I can dream about retirement.

Some of us are destined to work until death.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

thanks for cheering me up :P

Gusington

Don't worry you could walk outside later and get hit by a truck. Problem solved!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth