Game of Thrones Season 7

Started by MetalDog, July 01, 2017, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I can only imagine Tolkien trying to finish LoTR while Peter Jackson was releasing movies. 

Rowling did well to get Harry Potter done while the films were being made.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Martin wrote himself into a hole with "Dance With Dragons.'  It's just not a very good book.  At least not in my opinion. 

And I have to think that he shared the whole shooting match with Benioff and Weiss before they even made one episode.  So while the shows may have exploded, I don't know as that is causing Martin any consternation.  He's worked in tv before so he knows how this all works.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

They've said that Martin wrapped it all up for them in case he fired before they finished
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Season 7 Finale Preview. 

"There's only one war that matters.  And it is here."

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

That video was linked to another ("10 GoT Theories That Will Blow Your Mind"). Admittedly only one of them really did blow my mind.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on August 21, 2017, 08:37:11 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 21, 2017, 04:59:21 AM
They should've just put red shirts on those other dudes with the party going north.

Read the recap on foxnews.com and they described all the other dudes that got killed early as red shirts also. 

saw this today:
"Sledshirts"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

:DD :DD :DD

I noticed those poor guys at the back of the line, hauling that sled.  ;D

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Well, that escalated...

Really god damn slowly across 7 seasons...

Gusington

That season 7 finale was quite awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

I came up with a really good GoT pun when I was half asleep at 5AM this morning and made my wife groan. (We were just getting up)

Jon Snow has Aunt in his pants!  :DD ;D :D ;D :DD

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

I haven't watched an episode since the dragon was dragged out of the lake. I just haven't had time for it. :(

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd