Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Pip came on and indicated live MP is in the works.

This goes straight to the desert island with me when this is so.

It's already one of my all-time favorite games.

Anyone looking for a foe, just shout.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Yskonyn

Darn.. tempting.

I also see active tournaments being posted. And User-mods... and... and....
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

If I order the boxed version do I automatically get the fancy manual?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 22, 2017, 03:57:28 AM
If I order the boxed version do I automatically get the fancy manual?

Re: Field of Glory II Manual Sneak Peek!

post by IainMcNeil » 10 Oct 2017 13:28
The hardback manuals, where the disk in printed inside a sleeve on the front cover are $15 extra.

Yes its called a physical version. When we make a hard back manual we don't use a box and the book becomes the "box". The disk is mounted inside the front cover and whole things is shrink wrapped.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=79469&sid=dc19977c74358d460617afbb02368d47

Yskonyn

Thanks Pete! Has there been any mention of a limited run for the hardback manual? Around the 15th of Nov I expect an anniversary coupon. Would be nice to use it one FG2, but I'd hate to miss out on the hardback manual.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 22, 2017, 05:03:27 AM
Has there been any mention of a limited run for the hardback manual?

No time mentioned (all the other box upgrades are still available http://www.matrixgames.com/store/boxedupgrade.asp).

Don't forget shipping charges will be added to the listed price !

Cheimison

As someone who owns over a hundred Osprey books, the manual art is strangely familiar.
Of course I know the TT FoG was published by Osprey, too, but damn, get those Ruskies to do some new paintings, son. I get tired of art recycling, I mean it's pretty bad sometimes if you own 3 or for different Gens of Osprey series'.

Gusington

Just got my fancy manual delivered Friday. It is quite impressive...and fancy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

I went to high school with a Manuel Whore.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on October 22, 2017, 11:48:04 AM
I went to high school with a Manuel Whore.

Poor Manuel Jorge. 

That one filthy gringo never did get his name right.  :))

Yskonyn

I went ahead and ordered FG2. I figured the coupon (if it indeed comes) is well spent on TOAW4 as well. :)

What about we setup a Grogheads Tournament for FG2? Seems like a great system to run some community tournaments with!
If you are interested, get your chariot over here: FG2 Community Tournament thread

Gusington

I went to junior high with Manual Labor. True story.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I bet he was good with his hands.  :2funny:  I used to know a lady named, Helen Highwater. I used to tell her, "I knew you were coming. But I didn't know you had actually gotten here". Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cheimison

Quote from: Gusington on October 22, 2017, 06:04:13 PM
I went to junior high with Manual Labor. True story.
There is a real marine gunnery sergeant (or that was his rank at the time) named Max Fightmaster.