GMT's New P500s

Started by Nefaro, November 19, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Gonna get charged for Fields Of Fire 2nd Edition next week.  :)

My other nearest one is the American Revolution Tri-Pack.  I've not played any of their AmRev series, and the single box reprint of these looked like a great value.  Supposedly due in September, but who knows?  When it originally went on the print list, it was scheduled for ~December of 2016, but just kept getting pushed due to their warehouse issues.  >:(

Looking forward to Red Storm the most, especially since it will have solitaire.  But, despite passing it's P500 goal, it's one of the games not being added to the print list because of the warehousing thing.   :-\  I hope they get that SNAFU sorted.  It's been an issue for what?  Over a year?

bbmike

I ordered the American Revolution Tri-Pack a while back. I've played Pensacola 1781 and I think it plays about the same. Great fun!
And now that I know that Fields of Despair can be played solo I"m trying to talk myself out of buying that.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2017, 11:46:45 AM
And now that I know that Fields of Despair can be played solo I"m trying to talk myself out of buying that.  :D

It is a great game.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on July 20, 2017, 11:47:56 AM
Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2017, 11:46:45 AM

It is a great game.

Twisting that knife all around.

>:D

mirth

That's why I'm here :P

GroggyGrognard

Looks like The Russian Campaign: Designer Signature Edition is going to be out mid-2018.  :)

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

ComradeP

I'm not sure if some games have genuinely been delayed again, or if GMT is now building a safety margin into their estimated release date/period.

"Early" 2018 became "Early-mid 2018" for the CSW games.

Also: I wonder what the deal is with Bear's Claw, as it was initially supposed to be released about two years (early 2016) before the currently scheduled release.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Nefaro

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on July 21, 2017, 10:27:28 PM
Looks like The Russian Campaign: Designer Signature Edition is going to be out mid-2018.  :)

Groggy

From GMT?

Soooo.. late 2019 then.

mirth

ComradeP

Compared to the beginning of the year, the delays (if any) for P500 titles are now at a few months up to potentially nearly a year for the CSW titles. Not too bad, but waiting for good things can be difficult at times. Surely, our patience will be rewarded.

Maybe GMT will suddenly get everything out the door in a hurry when their systems are fully functional again.

As an aside: as predicted, shipping costs for Holland '44 are a bit less than the discount but still close to it with the Euro friendly shipping option. It would've been worse if it still had to be shipped from the US.

Though I understand the reasoning behind P500, not being able to get multiple games at the same time to save on shipping costs is unfortunate. Considering how quickly some of these games end up being sold out again, waiting for their official release isn't the safest option.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Cyrano

As I shared with Brant the other night, I am NOT complaining here -- we're aswim in filthy, filthy gaming lucre and I love it -- but I think we're officially at the point where they need to rename P500 to P1000 or the like.

The reality is, absent a special case (Silver Bayonet) or COIN games, P500 ain't the top of the queue any more.

The Magic Eight Ball tells me Richard Borg is sitting on a fair amount of C&C:N content that he can't even get them to look at...only so much room at the inn, I suppose.

Still, great stuff in that pile.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on August 25, 2017, 02:45:51 PM
As I shared with Brant the other night, I am NOT complaining here -- we're aswim in filthy, filthy gaming lucre and I love it -- but I think we're officially at the point where they need to rename P500 to P1000 or the like.

The reality is, absent a special case (Silver Bayonet) or COIN games, P500 ain't the top of the queue any more.

The Magic Eight Ball tells me Richard Borg is sitting on a fair amount of C&C:N content that he can't even get them to look at...only so much room at the inn, I suppose.

Still, great stuff in that pile.

Naaaa.

GMT just needs to expand their distro capabilities.  Which they've been talking about getting done for nearly two years, but still haven't finished (more on that below).

Their business, and their P500s, have been booming.  Which should be a great thing.  But demand is higher than their capacity to supply, and they haven't yet been able to properly address the disparity.  Despite recognizing it quite awhile back.

I suspect GMT will eventually get their problems sorted.  Otherwise game creators will start taking their game designs elsewhere, if their titles keep getting pushed back on the wait list due to warehousing and distribution issues at the publisher.   It's apparent, from all the past updates, that their issues stem from those two distro bottlenecks - not the outsourced manufacturing.

The recent announcement that they canned whichever company they hired to expand their warehousing & logistics, after a long period of little or no progress, is a sign they recognize these issues.  I hope they find the right people, and get it all sorted, for some nice filthy win-win capitalism in the end.  :)   ^-^

Cyrano

Growth is hard and I've noticed the struggles you refer to in addition to those I mentioned.

I, assuredly, hope you are correct.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Arctic Blast

Is logistics the chokepoint, or is it production? They have so much content pumping into their production system at one time these days that I wonder if it's backing up and slowing everything down.