Director of (currently) 4th highest grossing film ever now set to direct Aquaman

Started by JasonPratt, June 10, 2015, 10:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I repeat: the director of what is currently the 4th highest grossing film in human history, has been signed to direct DC's Aquaman film.

That's James Wan, who has mostly made horror movies in the Conjuring and Insidious series. (He'll be finishing Conjuring 2 first, btw.)

Who?

You know. James Wan. The guy who has also been signed to direct the (first?) Robotech film now that the rights issues have been hashed out.

In other news: the director of what is (currently) the 4th highest grossing movie in what is (most likely) universal history, has been signed to direct the (first?) Robotech film.

As a fan of both Robotech and Aquaman, I am cautiously optimistic of this news.

In other news: currently the 4th highest grossing film after Avatar, Titanic, and Avengers 1, is Furious 7. It might or might not overtake one of more of those as the summer goes on.

(Hat tip: Comics Alliance / Screen Crush.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Here's a picture of Roger the Alien to man up this thread a little more.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Ah, I don't get HBO, so never really watched it, except when traveling. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

I really enjoy Entourage, though most of the cast are dickheads in real life.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

This movie is gonna make Green Lantern look like a blockbuster. Well, if Wan wants to commit career suicide, he's picked the right vehicle. Of course...maybe he will make Aquaman a horror flick. So long as he dies hideously in the end, I could go for that.  >:D

Sir Slash

The old, "Change Clothes With Me Behind The Bush" trick. You gotta watch out for that one. I fell for it once. Turned out the guy wasn't interested in my clothes at all once I got them off.  :idiot2: There's a lot more involved. :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Steelgrave

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Worst Geeks ever? Then I must be in the right place. Part in the movie? With my body, I could pass for a Jellyfish. If there's any money in it. Or a spot in the Mermaid tank. I'll bring my own Cod with me, thank you. ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad