Dominions4

Started by parone, June 18, 2013, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

Edi, lord of all things dominions, pointed out that illwinter has made the announcement that Dominions4 is almost certainly going to become a reality!

you can go to illwinter.com to confirm this, though the official post will not tell you much more than this.  still, something fun to look forward to! :D

gp1628

Martok

Giggity!  The features list makes me want to squee. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on July 09, 2013, 11:36:28 AM

I soooo nearly posted a YouTube from "Deliverance" here, but good taste won out....

Damn, but I'm disappointed in myself!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Martok on July 09, 2013, 11:36:28 AM

The features list makes me laugh and laugh and laugh for personal reasons.  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Faux

An august release date really surprised me. I was even prepared for a 2014 release. There seems to be lots of small usability tweaks which is pretty much exactly what I want from a sequel at this point.

Huw the Poo

August!  Wow.  I was just thinking, this morning, that I don't care how long it will take to arrive because I've only just got into Dom3 and it will serve for years.

Not sure I'll even be in a position to buy it in August.  If anyone else is in the same boat, we'll have to have Dom3 and Dom4 games running concurrently.

parone

I hear you Huw.  I would say im maybe half way to understanding Dom3, so I have mixed feelings about Dom4

TheCommandTent

This is great news.  I now can strongly resist the call for Dominions 3 and wait for #4.   ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Huw the Poo

Quote from: parone on July 09, 2013, 01:38:22 PM
I hear you Huw.  I would say im maybe half way to understanding Dom3, so I have mixed feelings about Dom4

Unless pretty much everyone here jumps on 4 straight away, I'll be in no hurry to upgrade at all.  It's a guaranteed buy at some point of course, but I'm perfectly happy with 3 at the moment. :)

Faux

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 09, 2013, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: parone on July 09, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

Unless pretty much everyone here jumps on 4 straight away, I'll be in no hurry to upgrade at all.  It's a guaranteed buy at some point of course, but I'm perfectly happy with 3 at the moment. :)

I'm quite sure once Dom 4 releases Dom 3 will be pretty much obsolete. The UI improvements alone make switching over a no-brainer.

Yskonyn

I think, seeing the features list, that going to Dom 4 will be an instant upgrade for many.
I am looking forward to it!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Holy Pretender! Teamplay with One Pretender and other players playing as your Disciples?!!

Jason, wanna team up in a game when it gets released?? Awesomeness!
Magic upped to over 800 spells... 75 nations over 3 era's.... *drool*
This will be even more of a life's work to get to know the nitty gritty about the game!

Oh and Huw, from looking at the screenies. It just seems an expanded and upgraded Dom 3. Not an entirely different game. So you're just going to have to upgrade once it hits the streets, as are you, Parone! ;)
It will be the new cool kid on the block everyone likes. But instead of a toddler he's now in puberty.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

parone

Ysk, you know im gonna buy it the day it comes out. 

JasonPratt

I paid $70 for Dom2 (which was in effect an upgraded version of Dom1), and I paid $70 for Dom3 (which was in effect an upgraded version of Dom2).

I have no doubt I'll end up buying Dom4, but probably not out of the gate.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!