Grigsby's War in the East Update

Started by Bismarck, February 28, 2012, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: chemkid on November 23, 2016, 07:09:57 AM
i liked marauder's videos very much - easy to follow, just keep the game open and copy his moves - just nice...

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarauderPol/videos

Ugh, this gonna make me attempt to start a Grand Campaign!  :crazy2:

Yskonyn

I am reading the 'lost tutorial' and cross referencing with the manual. After this I will go to Marauder's videos and I believe that would make me fit to start playing (against someone). No doubt I will still make LOTS of mistakes, but at least we can get this train rolling.

That makes me wonder, is there a similar approach I could take with WitP:AE? That game remains so tempting and I have it ready and able, modded and all. :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

FlickJax

Right I need a definitive answer; This? WitW? or DC:B?

I can only afford one.

JasonPratt

Ysk,

Allow me to mention that I have some experience losing Barbarossa recently. Click the appropriate sig links for my resume.  ^-^
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Quote from: FlickJax on November 24, 2016, 11:06:49 AM

I can only afford one.

DC:B! Just because it's a whole new take on wargaming.

Yskonyn

Thanks Jason! I will definately read your AARs! You're trying to pull me over to get it in the sale after all, aren't you? You, sneaky you!  :hug:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on November 24, 2016, 11:22:21 AM

I can only afford one.

DC:B! Just because it's a whole new take on wargaming.
I concur

Both great games - but WitW is deep in a "standard" way...DC:B is deep in a different way
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

I can only afford one.

Between WitE and WitW I would say hold off WitW until you have played WitE. Both have the same interface, but WitE seems to be the lesser complex of the two. (And that's a eufemism in whichever way you look at it, considering the beast WitE is) :D

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 24, 2016, 01:49:44 PM
Thanks Jason! I will definately read your AARs! You're trying to pull me over to get it in the sale after all, aren't you? You, sneaky you!  :hug:

Actually, just to confuse you further, I was hinting at offering to play the Sovs against you if you bought WitE.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

Ack! Now I see! I initially missed that!
Sure! I will play you as the Germans and then I van be humiliated as the Soviets playing against Chemkid! 😀

Yskonyn

Ok mister Pratt and mister Chemkid. I think I am ready... well sort of anyway, to take on your challenges. Be aware that I wont be able to return moves on a daily basis, but Ill do my best to keep up the pace. Lots to learn still, so plenty of mistakes are going to be made.
As long as thats fine, lets get started!  :hug:

-budd-

I'm in my second PBEM game as the Russians in a smaller scenario[relative to the main campaign] "Road To Moscow", played the Germans plenty of times in scenarios. The Russians are a lot harder, reorganizing is a nightmare, and what to do will all the HQ's. The airforce i just send it all to reserve first turn, then reorganize the following turns. What do people do with all the HQ's as it pertains to reorganizing and PP use, i got some reading to do. I can just imagine how tough it must be to play the Russians in the long campaign.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I do want to get back to this, but maybe you can play some WITE against Chemkid, and then we'll play some CM2. That way you won't be having to juggle two WITE games at once. No human should have to do that.  O:-)

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 13, 2017, 04:17:42 PM
... That way you won't be having to juggle two WITE games at once. No human should have to do that.  O:-)
:DD
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Ubercat

A question for those with more WitE experience than me (I've played a few turns of some smaller "Roads to" scenarios).

I've never seen anything in the manual about creating new army group HQ's. The Germans created, reorganized, and split army groups on several occasions. For example, if I play the full campaign how would I split AG South into AG's B and C, as happened before Case Blue?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell