The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

Recently decided to jump back into CMANO Northern Inferno after a year long hiatus.  Still learning all the differences but my biggest question/gripe is that I cant save under the save as command.

I checked and save as works under normal scenarios.  Is this working as intended?  I can do save in Northern Inferno but then it saves as a string of random nonsensical numbers and letters.  I want to be able to make my saves so I can go back and look at the save file name to determine what point in the mission I am at so I use a day/time format for saving.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dimitris

Con < Campaign saves are not mean to be opened/resumed from the usual "Load Scenario" window.

Instead, from the main "Start Game" window, click on "Campaign". On the campaign window, click on the "Resume from save" tab.

There, you will see all your campaign saves, grouped by campaign session and sorted by date and time (both in-scenario and "real life", so you can pick up both from "that game I was playing last night" and also "that game where I was deep in Day-2 of scenario #4"). I believe this is the information you are looking for.

Thanks.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Con

Ah Ok

Followed your instructions and see it now.  Thanks for the info this will be useful.

Con

Yskonyn

I wonder wether TacView could be made to work with CMANO ?
If CMANO would export various bits of data in real time the program could become a GREAT asset to the game. Just a random thought.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RyanE

It already works with it I think.  But only in the pro version.

Yskonyn

The pro version of TacView or the pro version of CMANO?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Yskonyn

Oh my God! I can't believe I didn't score that one!
:facepalm:
Well played!

mirth

Dongle jokes. The gift that keeps on giving.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Con

Anyone have any advice or recommendations for ambient sound mods?  I had a look at seahag but didnt install it

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 22, 2018, 12:06:45 PM
I wonder wether TacView could be made to work with CMANO ?
If CMANO would export various bits of data in real time the program could become a GREAT asset to the game. Just a random thought.

I just recently learned of this capability myself, and I am very intrigued by it. However, it appears that the feature is only available to the professional version of CMANO. You can see it listed under Features at this link: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=3822

This is a picture of a breakdown of the various license versions of the professional version of CMANO, and it shows which specific professional editions have TacView as a supported feature:

Its also worth noting that it appears that eventually, you will be able to run CMANO and TacView at the same time, to give you an on going 3D representation of what is happening in CMANO, instead of just getting the after action review.

Looks like I need to look into how to get myself a copy of CMANO PE.

Yskonyn

TacView already has the live connection option patched in recently. At least for the various flightsims.
As the recording function is still inCMANO perhaps the rec files could be made to work with TacView somehow?

Con

Posting a question here since I couldnt find the answer on the Matrix forum or in the manual

1. Can you steer torpedoes now that they indicate that they have a wire guidance.  How do you set their depth (over under the layer etc)
2. How do you do a dog leg BOL of a torpedo in CMANO.  I have not been able to figure it out?

Any good resources to ask.  This is coming about because of Barents Sea Boomers mission I am playing on Northern Inferno

Thanks
Con