Dystopian Legions

Started by DV8, August 16, 2012, 12:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DV8

I know a few of you on the forum play DW so I thought you might find this interesting.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/games/dystopian-legions

It looks interesting, but as with all games you need both cool minis and good rules.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

LB, I know you play Dystopian Wars. Do you, or have you, played Firestorm Armada?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on August 17, 2012, 01:03:07 PM
LB, I know you play Dystopian Wars. Do you, or have you, played Firestorm Armada?

I own some Firestorm ships and have an old rule book. Never played it, but it looks very similar to Dystopian.

The Uncharted Seas -> Firestorm -> Dystopian evolution seems to be one big progression of rules refinement. Not that it's a bad thing, but the rules do seem to have been improved (from what I've heard) as they moved from game to game.

Gusington

Holy steampunk fantasticosity!!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2012, 04:39:29 PM
Holy steampunk fantasticosity!!!

Do you do minis gaming Gus?  Cause if not this is the perfect excuse to start.  ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

I do not. But I think it was this series that LB dangled in front of me like ripe fruit a couple of times, with Prussian airships and similar kewlness.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2012, 07:19:03 PM
I do not. But I think it was this series that LB dangled in front of me like ripe fruit a couple of times, with Prussian airships and similar kewlness.

It was. And apparently I'm going to be be blowing more money on the steampunk skirmish game.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers