GREAT NEWS FOR METALDOG!

Started by bayonetbrant, December 13, 2017, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Martok on December 13, 2017, 06:53:34 PM
FWIW, MetalDog, I'm in complete agreement with you.  Bon Jovi has never been, and never will be, deserving of being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  The fact that they've made it in simply proves how worthless an honor it is. 

Well said👍
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 13, 2017, 10:15:10 AM

Still need Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue in there, along with The Cure, The Jam, and New Kids on the Block (j/k ;) )

Did someone say................. NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!!!!!! Of course they should be inducted into the rock and roll hall 'a fame  :P :P :P :P pfft.... I may have to start a petition :)  :nerd: they're awesome........

Quote from: MetalDog on December 13, 2017, 11:20:03 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 13, 2017, 10:15:10 AM
Don't get me wrong - there's still about a half-dozen bands that should be in ahead of Bon Jovi, and even then I'm not convinced they belong.  But it is nice to see another hard rock band make the cut.

Still need Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue in there, along with The Cure, The Jam, and New Kids on the Block (j/k ;) )

Ftfy

My problem with Bon Jovi is it's watered down versions of "hard" rock.  It's ok that it's popular.  Hell, there's people that pay to go to Nickelback concerts, so, there will always be fans available to bands like that.  But let's call it what it is, Hard Rock Lite.  Or Diet Rock.  Or something like that.  Even then, after coming out of the gates strong, somebody name me three Bon Jovi songs made after, say...1995.  Someone other than Brant, I mean.

Uhm...... Ahem... This girl LOVES Nickelback!!!!!!!!  And just for trash talking them.... I'm gonna let the lads sing a song for ya  :)......

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Emeraldlis

^you mean play more...... Well alrighty then :)

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

mirth

You're fitting in a little too well here :P

trailrunner

I'm pretty sure that posting Nickelback videos violates the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you registered for the site.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 13, 2017, 08:03:00 PM
You're fitting in a little too well here :P

Well, I'm learning from some of the best pranksters around  ;)  ;D

Quote from: trailrunner on December 13, 2017, 08:07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that posting Nickelback videos violates the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you registered for the site.

;D I think it was clause 1a, that said..... Thou shalt annoy and be generally annoying to your fellow grogs  :nerd: I'm nothing, if not conscientious in following the rules  :P And y'all need some Nickelback in your life..... You're probably thanking me as we speak  ;)

Barthheart

mirth

Tuna

Quote from: mirth on December 13, 2017, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: Martok on December 13, 2017, 06:53:34 PM
FWIW, MetalDog, I'm in complete agreement with you.  Bon Jovi has never been, and never will be, deserving of being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  The fact that they've made it in simply proves how worthless an honor it is. 

Well said👍

Agreed, Bon Jovi does not belong or deserve to be in the HoF.. Simple Pop Rock, nothing to it at all. Songs will all be forgotten in a decade or two.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Gusington

Mother of all creatures great and small...what the hell is happening in this thread??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

OJsDad

Emeraldis is establishing herself as the Maureen O'Hara of Grogheads. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.