I only lie when I FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 08, 2017, 06:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Friday glorious Friday!  The whole weekend of possibility opens before us!  Into that space, I will be playing some Civ IV mp, continue my Medeival 2:TW campaign as Venice.  There will also be p&p D&D Saturday night.  The group is assaulting a temple of Dragon Cultists.  It's not going well for them so far ;)  Happy weekend, brothers and sisters!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Full day of minis gaming on Saturday if the weather doesn't screw up the roads too badly for travel.

Hope to get some time with Deserts of Kharak and Destiny 2.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Quote from: bbmike on December 08, 2017, 08:50:46 AM
Advanced Tactics Gold.

Always wanted to like this one, thought it looked good for me on paper. But could never get into it!

Gusington

Going deeper in to the woods this weekend so no gaming until Sunday. My M2TW Stainless Steel campaign as Poland looks like it may be wrapping up soon as Hungary, Novgorod and Venice gang tackle me and wipe me off the face of the earth. Also continuing to play some SP Pike and Shot as well as some PBEM Pike and Shot with Bawb.

Other than that, looking for something new. Maybe Hellblade or maybe I will finally start a Warhammer TW campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I will be setting up Battle of Britain on the table. I might try and finish my Star Wars:Battlefront II campaign.
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

Some wows to maybe get the hmas vampire dd.
Rising storm 2
Probably some total war arena beta
Perhaps some rome2
Maybe some naval action legends.... Naval action open world seems to have made sailing more realistic but not tempted by it until they do a major patch.
Hoping to try war of rights
So e star citizen flapping around with control settings.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

I've gone back to Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Will also play some RIOT: Civil Unrest, test out the latest build of Star Citizen 3.0 and take a few flights of Falcon BMS to keep my proficiency up.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 10:06:58 AM

nice. very nice.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

I picked up a switch so I'll spend some more time with Breath of the wild

DC:Barbarossa & WitW are also high on the priority list.

But in all honesty until I get the replacement part for the new desk chair I bought my gaming will be limited as I'm developing back issues from using a folding chair so I will be limited.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

1.) Producing a final entry for my video AAR vs Barth on DC1:Blitz.

2.) and/or prepping for a post-mortem commentary on this same. Not sure if that'll be a separate video yet.

3.) Moar FIRE IN THE GROGS 2 mp gaming. Plus more prepping to transition into that video AAR series.

4.) Moar of my new TWILIGHT STRUGGLE mp game.

5.) Getting back (at long last) into my Red Thunder mp game with Yskonyn (which should make a grand AAR video eventually, but that's a way down the road.)

6.) ...unsure what, if anything, I'll be sp-ing yet. Rome Total Empire 2 Vided seems likely. Also the name of my nieces girl-band someday, probably.

Edited to add: come to think of it, with the sequel now out, a proper campaign runthrough of HAND OF FATE has been tugging at my attention.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 09:52:50 AM
Some wows to maybe get the hmas vampire dd.
Rising storm 2
Probably some total war arena beta
Perhaps some rome2
Maybe some naval action legends.... Naval action open world seems to have made sailing more realistic but not tempted by it until they do a major patch.
Hoping to try war of rights
So e star citizen flapping around with control settings.

Mostly Rome II with the DLC and probably some World of Warships.

Destraex

Will also play some RIOT: Civil Unrest, test out the latest build of Star Citizen 3.0 and take a few flights of Falcon BMS to keep my proficiency up.

I had real trouble with frame rates in 3.0. But my specs are not those of a super pc which I imagine you have. Did it run ok in the initial space complex for you?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 05:27:53 PM

I had real trouble with frame rates in 3.0. But my specs are not those of a super pc which I imagine you have. Did it run ok in the initial space complex for you?

I have some low frame rates right after loading into the PU, but it seems to stabilize pretty quickly. I've been fortunate to not have a lot of the technical problems many others seem to be reporting. It's definitely playable and enjoyable on my rig.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

My specs i5 3570k 16gig ram and gtx970 GPU. Not a great rig but plays it at 30FPS smoothly in 2.6 and is well above the base specifications for the game iirc.