Shooting in New York City

Started by Labbug, October 31, 2017, 03:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

It wasn't a shooting.  The weapon was a vehicle.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

acctingman

So many things I want to say right now, but 99.99% of it would be out of anger.

Feel so sorry for the lost lives and the people hurt by this  :'(

Hope that f'er gets his.

bayonetbrant

I saw where he killed a bunch of people with the truck, and had a gun that he was firing at people.  Anyone dead from GSW?  Or all from the truck?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

no GSW,
would have been hard to achieve with paintball gun (depending on the filling? steal balls, stone balls?) and pellet gun

(i guess by displaying that 'guns'  he want to 
-a) create more panic and so more injured persons who head over heels fleeing the scene
-b) get mortal shot by the police force as a 'true Islamic state warrior', fame, virgins and all) 
Uzbek migrant seem to have self-radicalized or had been wonover by IS inside the USA in a short time?
lived a normal live before ...but of course has had the -let's call it: agars, provided by a certain upps, we not to speak about of PI reasons, in it.

-on a side note
yesterday GSG9 cracked down on a 19j old Syrian Merkel's-"refugee" of 2015 in German city of Schwerin, who was about to finish construction of a remote controlled TATP-filled bomb ...was under surveillance since month so authorities waited until they had enuf evidence but before imminent public danger.
It was reported that he (was) radicalized in Germany by others in RL and social media, who still has to be identified in more detail.  Asylumseeker, was captured alive and without being injured. Good! so he can be interrogated about contacts, as also will be the NYC-terrorist.

Pete Dero

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41827435

One woman from my country got killed and 3 more Belgians are injured.

They were visiting NY on a city trip ...

Gusington

The guns this one had were pellet/paintball guns. AFAIK all the casualties were caused by the truck. He also rammed a school bus.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

QuoteA 29-year-old man, an Uzbek immigrant, was shot and injured by police as he left the vehicle. He is under arrest.

The suspect, named by media as Sayfullo Saipov, reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") as he left the truck. Mr Cuomo said he was radicalised in the US.

Emphasis mine. "Reportedly shouted"  ::)

Where he was radicalized doesn't matter. Like Cuomo is saying that so people don't look negatively at Muslim immigrants?

acctingman

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 01, 2017, 08:30:28 AM
QuoteA 29-year-old man, an Uzbek immigrant, was shot and injured by police as he left the vehicle. He is under arrest.

The suspect, named by media as Sayfullo Saipov, reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") as he left the truck. Mr Cuomo said he was radicalised in the US.

Emphasis mine. "Reportedly shouted"  ::)

Where he was radicalized doesn't matter. Like Cuomo is saying that so people don't look negatively at Muslim immigrants?

This is what I fear. There is going to be more hatred thrown at Muslim immigrants who are here trying to have a normal, healthy and productive life. They are going to be looked at with disgust and anger. I fear there will be (more) hate crimes incoming.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on November 01, 2017, 08:14:14 AMThe guns this one had were pellet/paintball guns.

I missed that somewhere in the limited reporting I saw
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Report this am that 5 of the 8 killed were Argentinians. Opps! Guess he didn't think to check the nationality of the innocent victims he ran down first.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

I doubt that he would really care about nationality.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Just got back from running an errand. While I was waiting they had the news on, which was holding a press conference. I waited 1.5 or so hours and in that whole time they said precisely diddly.

Meanwhile I open my AP news app and find out tons about the guy. Apparently he's been here since 2010, had a couple of transport businesses, but lately he's gotten no work because his dumb ass had parking tickets (and NY don't play with those). A few months ago his delivery truck blew an engine. On top of all that he's been pretty pissy with relatives and friends, "not respectful of elders," and just generally an asshole spouting off radical nonsense. Basically, it's everyone else's fault but his own that his life sucks.  ::)