FRYYYYYYYYYday Little Sister (thou shall not kill)

Started by JasonPratt, October 19, 2017, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Probably a little X-Com 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, CKII, and a lot of.....

Barthheart

Quote from: PanzersEast on October 20, 2017, 11:16:28 AM
Probably a little X-Com 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, CKII, and a lot of.....

Pics please!  :)

JasonPratt

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 20, 2017, 12:22:12 AM
I don't think you should post anymore songs. Videos on the other hand

Heh, I wouldn't have posted that one (since it isn't among my genres at all), but I thought of certain Grogs here when I saw it, so...!  :coolsmiley:

I may not get any videos posted this weekend, but I dang well intend to move along (at last) in generating new material for them. (I forgot to add my mp Red Thunder game with Yskonyn to the list.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 19, 2017, 04:54:08 PM

...ugh, they're better when they don't sing.

Seriously. I was digging it until the vocals kicked in.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

For that matter, the original auteur sounds more than a little mediocre at best when he isn't being helped by the late 80s version of autotune.  :P

I recommend avoiding the Sisters of Mercy cover, too.

These covers have some decent vocals:

Here's a rare female cover! (Musical adaptation isn't the best tho.)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

I knew that song had been covered, but I had no idea it been covered that many times.  :crazy2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Arctic Blast post impressions of Shadow of War! I haven't had the chance to fire it up yet :( Too addicted to Witcher :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Note To Self:

Still need to finish setting up and testing the button mapping for F-5 and MiG-21, along with writing up my own checklists. 

My schizophrenic game focus has been going nuts lately.  Scatterbrained random urges to play these, at various times:

Heliborne
Field of Glory 2
Cold Waters
DCS
Torment: Numenera

+
Choosing & prepping one of a few various tabletop RPGs
Doing some tabletop solitaire
Painting minis to aforementioned tabletop stuff

:crazy2: 

:uglystupid2:

Gusington

^This is good news. Weren't you in a gaming drought?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Did some HOI 2: Darkest Hour, CK2, and Polaris Sector in already.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 20, 2017, 05:10:38 PM
^This is good news. Weren't you in a gaming drought?

Got out of that a couple months ago when I got sucked back into World Of Warships. 

Had to recently take another hiatus from that game, however, before I got too sour on it from overuse.  Now I'm an indecisive kid in a candy store who doesn't want to commit to anything wholly.  :idiot2:

Gusington

You are a gaming nut wrapped in an enigma wrapped in nougat.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I'm still neck-deep in Cold Waters.

Also, what's up with Mrs. Thatcher's War?  I haven't heard of that.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on October 20, 2017, 04:48:02 PM
Arctic Blast post impressions of Shadow of War! I haven't had the chance to fire it up yet :( Too addicted to Witcher :)

Sexy Shelob!

Running around and trying to save Gondor from Sauron's masses!

One poor bastard orc just won't actually die! He keeps popping up looking less lively than before. At this point, he has a metal mask, a mechanical hand and his midsection seems to consist of bits of wire, some string and a fair portion of hope.

I haven't played it much this week, so I haven't yet started building up a legion of uruk hai to start storming/defending fortresses and the like, but I know that's all in there.

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 21, 2017, 05:28:50 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 20, 2017, 04:48:02 PM

Sexy Shelob!

Running around and trying to save Gondor from Sauron's masses!

One poor bastard orc just won't actually die! He keeps popping up looking less lively than before. At this point, he has a metal mask, a mechanical hand and his midsection seems to consist of bits of wire, some string and a fair portion of hope.

I haven't played it much this week, so I haven't yet started building up a legion of uruk hai to start storming/defending fortresses and the like, but I know that's all in there.

I still haven't tried the first one, despite picking it up about a year ago.   L:-)

That will likely be further delayed because I buckled and picked up Witcher 3 Game of the Year from GOG for $20.  The reviews were so glowing, I'm forced to go over game budget to check it out *wink wink*.